Is Rodri better than Yaya ?

To be fair, he is on track for being in the conversation.

He’s currently the best player in the world in my humble opinion.

I agree about him being best in the world atm. Definitely best in Europe last season and robbed of the Ballon D'or.

Best City player EVER?

Only if football started in 2022.

Yaya’s bullshit antics heavily tainted his legacy for me so yes, both on and off the pitch Rodri is a better player.
Correct. He knows this now and regrets it big time. would have been up there with the greats. But listened to his bellend of an agent and thought he was bigger than the club and doing us a favour. Is what it is and that’s that

I agree about him being best in the world atm. Definitely best in Europe last season and robbed of the Ballon D'or.

Best City player EVER?

But his tenure is not yet over, so we can’t really decide that until he stops playing for us (hopefully when he hangs up his boots and takes on a coaching role with us).

Best City player EVER?

Didn't mean it in terms of contribution to our success, but his footballing ability. Of course, there are several players who did more for us than Rodri (as it stands) over many years. However, I don't know if any of them are better footballers than Rodri. I've been only watching since about the mid-2000s, so I might classify as a "kid" and not know better, though. From what I have seen in about 20 years, I don't think we ever had a better player in that time.

Last edited:
But his tenure is not yet over, so we can’t really decide that until he stops playing for us (hopefully when he hangs up his boots and takes on a coaching role with us).

Very fair comment. However, if I had a quid for every ex-City player since 2008 who was predicted to take up a coaching role with us, I'd be able to afford the season ticket increase.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.