IS she entitled to half??

jacko8684

Ive had my EX gfriend and her son living with me for the last 8 months, whilst she gets her health and house sorted...
All i want to know is if she wants to be a funny cow when she moves out, is she eligible to go to the law and ask for something off me???
Coz things are getting frayed and arguments are common these days......
Just a bit of advice if someone in the know please... Thanks...

If you are't married then surely not. It would be just the same as me leaving home but saying 'I've been living here for years so I'm entitled to half'.

Marriage has nothing to do with it,however i think the length of time you lived together has.I'm nearly sure it's something like two years,so you may just be ok.Don't quote me on it though.

Might be able to find out online?

jacko8684 said:
Ive had my EX gfriend and her son living with me for the last 8 months, whilst she gets her health and house sorted...
All i want to know is if she wants to be a funny cow when she moves out, is she eligible to go to the law and ask for something off me???

A mate of my dad is getting fooked over. He married this bird, 8 months later she wants a divorce and shes trying to get child maintenance from him and the two kids aint even his.

And here is the best bit, shes entitled to it.

I'd check with the Citizens Advice Bureau .....

any rights that 'common' law' partners can possibly have appear to be a bit on the 'vague' side ...

citizens advice will put you straight one way or the other...

other than that some solicitors may offer an initial free half hour appointment , at which you could probably ask the question.

I would say common law only applies if you have any joint finances or children, so an equal split of the house is in order (buy out or sell and divide).
Otherwise the divorce laws are far more complicated and 50/50 is only a starting point in law, there's far more to consider. (Believe me, my divorce has still not come to an end after nearly 4 years and it's a joke.)

Hang on...your EX has been living with you?
Then she's just been a lodger. Bollocks to her.<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:16 am --<br /><br />
mancity89 said:
jacko8684 said:

A mate of my dad is getting fooked over. He married this bird, 8 months later she wants a divorce and shes trying to get child maintenance from him and the two kids aint even his.

She could get spousal maintenance, especially if she's not working and bringing up the kids and needs a home, but really the father of the children needs to be pursued for the CSA money.

gagiesotherhalf said:
I would say common law only applies if you have any joint finances or children, so an equal split of the house is in order (buy out or sell and divide).
Otherwise the divorce laws are far more complicated and 50/50 is only a starting point in law, there's far more to consider. (Believe me, my divorce has still not come to an end after nearly 4 years and it's a joke.)

Hang on...your EX has been living with you?
Then she's just been a lodger. Bollocks to her.

-- Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:16 am --

mancity89 said:

She could get spousal maintenance, especially if she's not working and bringing up the kids and needs a home, but really the father of the children needs to be pursued for the CSA money.

He is aswell

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.