IS she entitled to half??

Pigeonho said:
Do you both own it? By that I mean did you get a joint mortgage like me and my ex did, or is it just your mortgage and she moved in with you, (when you got together), like me and my new mrs are?

No i bought it, my names on everything, I pay the mortgage, she assists with some bills etc...

Im gonna have a look online but i will make an appointment with Citizens advice. thanks...<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:23 am --<br /><br />
wrongun73 said:
if your not married shes entitled to sweet f.a.
commonlaw does not exist, just throw her out if and when you want.

Thats not true mate, my mate at work has been done for 50% and thats off his ex girlfriend of 3 years.....

jacko8684 said:
Pigeonho said:
Do you both own it? By that I mean did you get a joint mortgage like me and my ex did, or is it just your mortgage and she moved in with you, (when you got together), like me and my new mrs are?

No i bought it, my names on everything, I pay the mortgage, she assists with some bills etc...

Im gonna have a look online but i will make an appointment with Citizens advice. thanks...

-- Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:23 am --

wrongun73 said:

Thats not true mate, my mate at work has been done for 50% and thats off his ex girlfriend of 3 years.....

Common sense says she is entitled to fuck all, because everythings in your name. Our country, however, doesn't know what common sense is so yeah, check everything. I would say though that she can't get anything. She used the energy etc she put half too, the mortgage is in your name and its her kid, not yours, so I would say you can be worry-free.

Pigeonho said:
jacko8684 said:

Im gonna have a look online but i will make an appointment with Citizens advice. thanks...

-- Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:23 am --

Common sense says she is entitled to fuck all, because everythings in your name. Our country, however, doesn't know what common sense is so yeah, check everything. I would say though that she can't get anything. She used the energy etc she put half too, the mortgage is in your name and its her kid, not yours, so I would say you can be worry-free.

my sister was living with her daughter's dad a few years ago, he started getting violent so she went to a solicitor to see what she was entitled to. he basically showed her a page in his book and said " read that". it spelled out that because the house was in his name and they werent married she was entitled to nothing, nada, zilch!!

black mamba said:
I'd check with the Citizens Advice Bureau .....

any rights that 'common' law' partners can possibly have appear to be a bit on the 'vague' side ...

citizens advice will put you straight one way or the other...

other than that some solicitors may offer an initial free half hour appointment , at which you could probably ask the question.

There is no such thing as 'common law rights.'<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:30 am --<br /><br />As long as she hasn't made any financial input to the house or bills and you've not been together over 2 years I doubt she's entitled to anything.

wrongun73 said:
Pigeonho said:

my sister was living with her daughter's dad a few years ago, he started getting violent so she went to a solicitor to see what she was entitled to. he basically showed her a page in his book and said " read that". it spelled out that because the house was in his name and they werent married she was entitled to nothing, nada, zilch!!

Twat.
Makes me realise how lucky i was when my ex left. We had bought this house and within a year she decided she was unhappy enough to walk out, (the fucking slag). Anyways she did the civil and moral thing and walked out and didn't ask for anything. Course I then had to pay the full mortgage but given how we have 2 kids together and had had 7 years of mortgages together, i'm sure she could actually have asked for something, she didn't though. She's getting married next month, slagbo.

wrongun73 said:

No longer true. You're right about common law but partners do have rights and after 2 years quite considerable rights too.

She has a kid and that is the dodgy part. I'm not sure if you are allowed to make a child homeless, which is what you'd be doing if you kicked her out.

stony said:
She has a kid and that is the dodgy part. I'm not sure if you are allowed to make a child homeless, which is what you'd be doing if you kicked her out.

Its not his kid though is it? We don't know why they split up, (none of our business), but the only way I could see what you're saying having any grounds would be if its him who caused the separation, (sorry OP, meant as a generalism, not you in particular). Even then though its his house and her kid, not his reponsibility at the end of the day.

stony said:
I would say that makes things easier for them to be rehomed as quickly as possible though. The OP doesn't have a relationship with this woman and it's not his child so really, he can do as he pleases, he has no tie to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.