Is some food time specific?

urban genie

Was always wondering as in a sat always have some bacon and egg muffins nee barms around half 12, yet in the week in work I would only ever have before 10am.

The other week I had a massive dinner so just had some cornflakes for tea, I have also had stir-frys for breakfast before and fried chicken also.

Noe I mentioned that once and was called a wrong un for eating main meals at breakfast, though the cereal at night seemed acceptable.

So are aome foods a time specific no no or does it not matter?

Last edited:
Food is food, we're not designed to need certain types depending on where the sun is in the sky.

Saying that though, eating a big dinner first thing in the morning would leave most of us semi comatose for most of the day.

Food is food, we're not designed to need certain types depending on where the sun is in the sky.

Saying that though, eating a big dinner first thing in the morning would leave most of us semi comatose for most of the day.

Yeah bit some people have a proper full english every day, probably as filling as a bowl of chow mein or a portion of lasagne if honest.a

I was more meaning are we societaly hard wired to eat certain things at certain times?

Like people who won't drink alcohol before a certain time.

One of the best breakfasts I’ve ever had was fried chicken and waffles in New Orleans, and I remember thinking afterwards how infrequently chicken is eaten at that time, which there’s no apparent logical reason for.

Surely you've had the joys of chicken sausages for breakfast in Muslim countries? :-/

Yeah bit some people have a proper full english every day, probably as filling as a bowl of chow mein or a portion of lasagne if honest.a

I was more meaning are we societaly hard wired to eat certain things at certain times?

Like people who won't drink alcohol before a certain time.
We coach our own bodies into routines through repetition, don't think it's a social thing though, it's on a personal scale - for example I'm from a family of big breakfast people and in a house full of people that have to eat as soon as they get up, but I've never eaten early and can't stomach food for a couple of hours after waking.
Once your body is in a rhythm, it's hard to break but it's rare in my experience to see even a family all with the same eating habits and times.

I've always tried to eat yoghurt first thing in the morning. Nowadays I eat natural yoghurt with organic honey on. This has been a topic of great amusement to some of my mates, but whenever we go out for a session on the beer, they are the ones that need the antacid pills, not me.

tbf bar weekends I,tend to not have anything to eat till my tea, been like that most of my time in kitchens where we didn't take breks amd it has become habbit.
If I do eat a big dinner at work won't bother with any tea, I probabbly have one meal a day in the week.

When off though I eat 3 times a day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.