Is SWP finished for us?

He's lost a split second of pace over the last 18 months-just enough to stop him going past people the way he used to.

He's not getting any younger-should be at his peak now but seems to be going backwards.

Still love the guy for what he's done for us but on current form it's Johnson every time for me.

I had hoped when he came back that we were signing the SWP that we sold to Chelsea and not the SWP that had been playing at Chelsea. Unfortunately we did get the latter. I read that some of you believe he is just having a dip in form, I would suggest that if your dip lasts 12 months it is in fact the norm rather than a dip. I dont think he will be at the club after the Summer and it wont be any great loss.

If the choice is give him a new £100k per week contract or sell him to someone like Newcastle for £8 million then I know which one I am backing!

He's finished, hes a big time charlie just like Ireland, I used to love him but he isn't going to take us to the next level. Defenders already know what he is going to do, its too easy to stop him. He is being embarrassingly outperformed by Johnson, who has limited experience in the premiership and is only 21, I would keep him as a backup player if he still has years left on his contract, but if he wants 100 grand a week we should tell him where to go, we aren't run by mugs.

Not by a long way

He is becoming a scapegoat for when things are going right.

He is still a very good player with loads to offer.
He runs himself into the ground everytime he plays. There is still a huge future for SWP at the club.

He is off form at present but besides tevez none of the attacking players are covering themselvs in a lot of glory at present.....even bellamy Johnson are making mistakes at times

From the second he joined Chelsea it was clear he is a player that thrives on confidence, even his early City days it took him ages to score a goal, but once he got going he couldn't be stopped. When he was the best player in the team, an automatic starter and the biggest fans favourite he was at his best, as soon as there are other better players in the team he seems to suffer. Happened at Chelsea, for England and now with us. Its a shame cos when he goes on those runs we know he can he is great to watch.....

I have never had a problem with SWP's commitment to City, the lad gives 100% every game. The simple fact of the matter is he is not good enough as a footballer to play at the very top level, he lacks a first touch, aswell as vision and is often guilty of switching off. This was evident when he went to Chelsea and now our ambitions are greater we are seeing it at City.

jellert said:
Just support him and he will come back great

Agreed. Some of the nob-heads around me have already decided that he's the new boo boy target. Which bit of the word SUPPORTER don't they get? Idiots. SWP is a great squad asset at the very least and will come good again I am sure. The competition should spur him on if nowt else!

So people have decided shaun isnt the player he was so get rid, and we want loyalty from players, amazing. We were skint when he went Chelsea so cant blame him for that before anyone says he did one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.