Is That what we are missing..

lancs blue said:
PaulPowre said:
Slag me all you want i dont care, just watched Utd in the pub and i have to say if we had the same passion and fight we would be in a lot better position than we find ourselves in.

My main question is where do we find the passion and fight needed for us to push onto the next level? does it come from the manager or do the players need to show a lot more and actually turn up and play 100% for a change...

Personally i think it has a lot to do with attitude and for some reason our players don't seem to have the right attitude towards games. i.e fight, paasion and belief they can go and win every game.
Loathe him all you like but there's no doubt that Sore Alex gets the best out of his players. Hughes signs good players but so far is a long way from getting the best out of them.

Yeah, he's a great manager, but they say Hitler was a great speaker, yet look at the person he was.... Hughes can't get the best out of his players? Why have Santa Cruz, and Bentley gone backwards so much since last season then?

Unknown_Genius said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tge11NHJ0U&feature=related

Blackburn away this season, anyone?

Was a good example. Except you have to do it for 38 games in the PL. All teams can manage to fight back on occasions. The teams that win consistantly do the opposite. Its the times they don't fight back that you notice.

There are plenty of teams we can learn from. I'd rather the rags weren't one of them.

Unknown_Genius said:
lancs blue said:
PaulPowre said:
Slag me all you want i dont care, just watched Utd in the pub and i have to say if we had the same passion and fight we would be in a lot better position than we find ourselves in.

My main question is where do we find the passion and fight needed for us to push onto the next level? does it come from the manager or do the players need to show a lot more and actually turn up and play 100% for a change...

Personally i think it has a lot to do with attitude and for some reason our players don't seem to have the right attitude towards games. i.e fight, paasion and belief they can go and win every game.
Loathe him all you like but there's no doubt that Sore Alex gets the best out of his players. Hughes signs good players but so far is a long way from getting the best out of them.

Yeah, he's a great manager, but they say Hitler was a great speaker, yet look at the person he was.... Hughes can't get the best out of his players? Why have Santa Cruz, and Bentley gone backwards so much since last season then?

I'm interested in City's players, do you really think he's getting the best out of them? We have more quality than last season but results are about the same.

The real mystery is we have the third best record at home, but what is the key to transfer the home record to our away form? It seems the players actually believe they can't/won't win away.

It was mentioned Yesterday we could have bought De Jong for less £2m in the summer but we paid £18m perhaps that sums it up?

lancs blue said:
Unknown_Genius said:
lancs blue said:
PaulPowre said:

I'm interested in City's players, do you really think he's getting the best out of them? We have more quality than last season but results are about the same.

Ireland and Onuoha are playing the best football of their careers. Last season Ireland was restricted out on the right wing, and couldn't show his best, and Onouha only came on when we were winning, or was cover for injuries. Richards has been reborn since moving back to his best position of right back.

Unknown_Genius said:
lancs blue said:
PaulPowre said:

Bentley has struggled to get ahead of Lennon which is no suprise seeing as Lennon is the better player and Santa Cruz has struggled with injuries all season.

Unknown_Genius said:
Ireland and Onuoha are playing the best football of their careers. Last season Ireland was restricted out on the right wing, and couldn't show his best, and Onouha only came on when we were winning, or was cover for injuries. Richards has been reborn since moving back to his best position of right back.

Ireland's improvement has come as much from his own application and hard work in the close season before Hughes arrived. Onuoha was always a good prospect he just needed to stay injury-free long enough to prove it. As for Richards I think he just needed a boot up his backside.

Even if I accepted your points about individuals the team is still not performing as well as it should given the additional quality in the squad.

PaulPowre said:
bluemanc said:
PaulPowre said:

So what happened to all that belief & passion against the Pool & Fulham......they got lucky & Villa showed to much respect they should have gone for the 3rd.

Villa played excellent for the away team and were let down by Friedel IMO he was art fault for 2 of there goals.

But we have a lot better keeper than Friedel but we didn't show 10% of the passion and fight Villa showed today.
That's not the question you asked.
The rags DID NOT have the "winning at all costs mentality" for the 1st 5 yrs of purple noses time at the swamp.
The "fergie out banner" wavers & messageboard fuckwits would have had him out in the same way they are trying to do with Hughes.
It is a long time since we have had a team that could fight with the best on their turf & win & the maulings at boro & chelski last year seem to have been forgot.
We havent lost the winning mentality we just aint had it for 30 odd yrs so to expect our manager now to suddenly wave a cheque book & it will suddenly appear is silly.
Hopefully the banner wavers & messageboard fuckwits will go the same way as the rag ones have.

we need to control the tempo. too often we play in a lackluster manner. they are gettin paid thousands. we can surely expect them to try there hearts out right till the end. i wont expect any less than 100% commitment in our uefa cup game this week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.