Is the football bubble finally about to burst?

The similarly between Leicester and liverpool both teams basically played the same 14 players week in week out. No serious injuries. Both had massive run of the green.

man up lad

I dont really know what you mean by that. As some who has been going since 1968 to matches. And living in the SE it isnt cheap. All I have now done is asked myself is spending the best part of £200 per game ( nearer £400 with stay over and unpaid leave for midweek for two ) for a weekend game. Can I carry on with this cost and am I seeing a fair game or just a football version of WWF..

At the moment it feels like a version of WWF and why should I give up so much time and money when the result has already been decided ?.

If the cost was lot less and I still lived close to Manchester than my attitude you be f**k the bastards and still come . This season dont tell the wife ! My son and me have spent the best part of £1500 on I think 7 games , and only enjoyed about half as I said earlier.

It's got nothing to do with 'man up lad' it's the cost =enjoyment = travelling =ko times=VAR =away fans in home end= half n half scarfs= bent games=UEFA = witch hunt= press/media ?

Or just my love of City which is undying I am more than happy to walk around with my City tatts on show or in my City top , or drive my car with City stickers all over it. Just at the moment I think football is eating it self to its desire to give liverpool the title and to make utd relevant again. It has gone of the scale this love in for liverpool a club who hacked our internet, head hunted our staff, behind the two year 'ban'.

I think other fans of our clubs will after this stoppage might also start to see what is going on . It could just be that alot of 60 plus fans stop going and are replaced by more 'keen' young blood. Or perhaps when football starts I might be ready again I dont know, but one thing is clear I have City in my bloody I am 3 generation City and with nephews et we as a family our now 6th generation City.

CTID

The similarly between Leicester and liverpool both teams basically played the same 14 players week in week out. No serious injuries. Both had massive run of the green.

I dont really know what you mean by that. As some who has been going since 1968 to matches. And living in the SE it isnt cheap. All I have now done is asked myself is spending the best part of £200 per game ( nearer £400 with stay over and unpaid leave for midweek for two ) for a weekend game. Can I carry on with this cost and am I seeing a fair game or just a football version of WWF..

At the moment it feels like a version of WWF and why should I give up so much time and money when the result has already been decided ?.

If the cost was lot less and I still lived close to Manchester than my attitude you be f**k the bastards and still come . This season dont tell the wife ! My son and me have spent the best part of £1500 on I think 7 games , and only enjoyed about half as I said earlier.

It's got nothing to do with 'man up lad' it's the cost =enjoyment = travelling =ko times=VAR =away fans in home end= half n half scarfs= bent games=UEFA = witch hunt= press/media ?

Or just my love of City which is undying I am more than happy to walk around with my City tatts on show or in my City top , or drive my car with City stickers all over it. Just at the moment I think football is eating it self to its desire to give liverpool the title and to make utd relevant again. It has gone of the scale this love in for liverpool a club who hacked our internet, head hunted our staff, behind the two year 'ban'.

I think other fans of our clubs will after this stoppage might also start to see what is going on . It could just be that alot of 60 plus fans stop going and are replaced by more 'keen' young blood. Or perhaps when football starts I might be ready again I dont know, but one thing is clear I have City in my bloody I am 3 generation City and with nephews et we as a family our now 6th generation City.

CTID
Good post not giving up on city just disillusioned

Not sure what you are saying Karen..

From what I'm reading on here, City will always have the fans' support.

Obviously if you attend games you can verbally and physically show that support but I think it's a bit hard for some (not you btw) to just dismiss the fans who either don't or can't go or are thinking of now not going to the Etihad as lesser fans who are not supporting the club, team, players and management staff..

You don't stop supporting the team you grew up with, it's in your blood.

You cannot flip a switch and turn City off..

A City fan in Australia is still a City fan and will be just as fanatical as the 54000 who attend every home game in my eyes..!

Its great that you,and countless others have now accepted that there has been a concerted effort, by any means possible ,for a certain team to win the title this season,and,on a lesser scale, for a certain other team to qualify for the champions league.
Well done for noticing.hurrah.
When leicester City won the title by 10 clear points a few years back there were so many similarities with a deliberate concentrated effort by powerful agencies to achieve this.....the switched on posters among us,only a handful,pointed this out at the time but were laughed at...now history ,almost,repeats itself
And,directly touches and concerns City,and hey presto! Everybody cries foul.
No one is denoucing the '' crackpots" anymore......with a bit of dillegence,and a more open mind the rotten state of the game would have been noticed a few seasons ago,not just now..when it affects our own team.
Its ok making big pompous posts now,well done for opening your eyes.
Well done Sir.
Thanks for your kind comments about my posting style, but I think you’re reading way too much into what I’ve posted. In fact I would go as far as to say that it’s utterly bizarre that you have drawn that conclusion, simply from the contents of that post. I can only conclude that your powers of interpretation and comprehension are utterly flawed, which would explain a great deal about the conspiracy theories that conspicuously consume your mind to such an unhealthy extent. It can’t be much fun thinking like that all the time, so you have my sincere sympathies.

Well done on crowbarring a reference to Leicester’s title win into you post, however. It’s good to see in a world of chaos and uncertainty that certain things prevail.

I dont think many blues will argue that the attempts by the premier league ,uefa, and the wank media to put us back in our box is obvious.
This will not stop any ov us loving the club like we all have for years, and we will continue going to the (emtyhad) another fucking attempt by the cartel and their friends to undermine us.
To me they can all do one cos our fans are the best in the world , love for the team still retain our gallows humour .
We dont have the arrogance ov the so called history boys ( their own words remember) . So when this horrible virus is over we will all back our club like we always have over the years,rant over see you all soon COME ON CITY !!!!!!

Bunch of liars or crybabies on here...

So what if some people don't like us?
So what if they like our owners even less?
So what if VAR is ruining the game?
So what if UEFA ban us?

I didn't hear much protests over the last ten years while we was scooping up most of the prizes.
I'm absolutely going crackers without it. To say i'm missing it is a massive understatement.

Football is much more than having a choice about watching it or not. It is near enough an addiction.
The high and lows make it what it is. I feel shit for days after a poor result. Yet as soon as it passes i'm up for more of it!

Maybe it's just the constant changes that is getting to people. (as i have never believed that our fan base depends on success)
We have major changes coming our way. Some favourite players will be leaving, some new ones coming. Pep may be off shortly, and i think people are worried what that will mean.
I wrote this season off, yet we were still up for three major trophies. (one already in the bag, or two if you add up like a rag)

As for people saying they are not missing the game, while posting on a football forum...FFS!
I'm not missing it half as much as I thought I would and that's shocked me slightly as I love my football but the one overriding factor that I'm not missing is the constant pushing by the media of all things Liverpool* being rammed down your throat.
I'm talking sky sports adverts, sky sports presenters, journalists on shows and on social media, on the radio, the tv, the newspapers, it's absolute overkill and it's saturated the football world.
All this above I've mentioned absolutely ruins the enjoyment for me, don't get me wrong liverpool* are a fantastic team, klopp is an exceptional manager but fuck me I don't want to be subjected to it 24/7.
This is why I'm loving this break and the peace and quiet as it's took something like this horrible covid outbreak to make things stand out. But fair play to sky sports news as they are trying their up most to keep utd and Liverpool* relevant by their constant articles about them.

Long may this silence continue.

Good to see we’ve still got our ‘biggest blues’ telling people how to think.
I make no apologies for falling out of love with the game I grew up with and spent many many years making it one of life’s priorities.
The dickheads saying man up or get a grip want to aim their disdain at those who have put us in this position.
If you still feel the same about football as you always have then good on you, I’m jealous in a way. Just accept that not everyone else is the same.

Good to see we’ve still got our ‘biggest blues’ telling people how to think.
I make no apologies for falling out of love with the game I grew up with and spent many many years making it one of life’s priorities.
The dickheads saying man up or get a grip want to aim their disdain at those who have put us in this position.
If you still feel the same about football as you always have then good on you, I’m jealous in a way. Just accept that not everyone else is the same.
Well said

I often think that some results are pre determined. It's something I can't quite point to exactly. It's different things in different games.
For example;
Officials decisions upsetting a teams' rhythm, eg us at the dippers.
VAR inconsistencies (many).
The ongoing farce with UEFA.
FFP.
Peculiar team selections.
Players absurd loss of form.
Players needlessly getting red carded.
Teams playing out of their skins against us, yet rolling over against the usual suspects.
There are all kinds of dubious goings on I believe, much of it in grey areas so that it can't 100% be proven to be the case and the absolutely outrageous decisions that have been allowed to stand.

I'm not missing it half as much as I thought I would and that's shocked me slightly as I love my football but the one overriding factor that I'm not missing is the constant pushing by the media of all things Liverpool* being rammed down your throat.
I'm talking sky sports adverts, sky sports presenters, journalists on shows and on social media, on the radio, the tv, the newspapers, it's absolute overkill and it's saturated the football world.

All this above I've mentioned absolutely ruins the enjoyment for me, don't get me wrong liverpool* are a fantastic team, klopp is an exceptional manager but fuck me I don't want to be subjected to it 24/7.
This is why I'm loving this break and the peace and quiet as it's took something like this horrible covid outbreak to make things stand out. But fair play to sky sports news as they are trying their up most to keep utd and Liverpool* relevant by their constant articles about them.

Long may this silence continue.

How are Watford, Crystal Palace, Brighton, Newcastle, Southampton, Wolves, Burnley, Bournemouth, Aston Villa and Norwich, doing?

Nobody knows as the footballing media don't give two shits about any of them..

Dippers and Rags in your face 24/7.

..And when the media want to give us a break from these 2 clubs, they all lump on City to give us a kicking, negative story after negative story..

Let's not forget, we are the most successful club over the last decade but you'd never know as we receive absolutely no respect or recognition for the wonderful football we have played over this period, not forgetting that we have outscored every team in the European Leagues season on season..

Breaking records, that were deemed unachievable, along the way..

What a story we are and should be..

The top 8 (is it?) PL clubs have written to UEFA, FFP, VAR, European ban hanging over us, hacking, poaching staff members, slagging off our owners and constantly belittling the best Manager in World football in press conferences..

It's a f"kin disgrace how we are treated..!

I really hope the time is approaching when we will be in a position to throw plenty of shit at an industrial sized fan and scatter the lot of them..!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.