Is there a difference between a "supporter" and a "fan" ?

I feel that a fan admires the football and the players but doesnt get involved as in going or buying shirts etc,where as supporters are all in,emotionally involved and go to see them or if you cant, never miss a match how ever you get to watch it from afar, buy the merchandise etc,but really dont like some people thinking they are more qualified to be a city follower than others as everyones circumstances are different

I've always thought myself that a fan is someone who is obsessed (fanatical) about the club, a supporter supports the club in some way, I don't think you can say one is better than the other and I would say myself that I'm both a fan and a supporter. To be a proper supporter you have be at a game, sing songs, cheer the team and make some noise in the hope it'll encourage the players.

a supporter puts money into the club + goes to the game

a fan is emotionally tied to the results + performances

a supporter buys a new scarf and feels happier about losing 3-2 at home

a fan closes the bedroom curtains and lies awake all night thinking about 'that decision' in the 5th minute which entirely swung the game

;)

I support Rochdale AFC. I give 'em a pound a week for a go in their Gold Bond. I am a suporter and fan of City.

I always understood that support involves a dollop of cash out of yer pocket into theirs. Fans are the folk who traipsed down the spirals when Fowler missed that pen and said, "Ah, well, that's City." And came back next season.

You can support without being a fan and you can support AND be a fan!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.