Is this 'fair'?

pee dubyas crayons

The FA decide to remove Robinho from City and give him to Stockport County in the interest of 'fairness'.

Just heard Nick Clegg banging on about their 'fair' tax proposals which entails taking more money from people with houses worth more than 2 million quid.

Why oh why do they want to punish people for doing well in life and making money?

And how can they call it fair?

I'm sure there are many City fans who vote Lib Dem or Labour so please tell me whether you would be happy if City's wealth was taken from us and spread to all other clubs to make it more 'fair'?

It's the same principle.

If i ever get to become a millionaire, my bank account will be in switzerland.

Its intersting that they have had to up the level from £1m to £2m because of the number of people possibly going to be hit by that tax within 10 years.

Imagine a situation where a youngish couple who worked hard bought a house worth £150,000 in 1980, it was just about affordable and they had decided at the age of 45 that they deserved the 'dream home'

They both continue to work, scrimp and save to make mortgage payments etc and lo and behold they get to 2009 and they have a £1m house!

Cripes, they never realised.

Anyway they carry on doing volunteer work and eventually Mr Nice passes away in 2020 leaving Mrs Nice all he owns.

That includes the dream house which is now worth nearly £2m!

She has a small pension and some savings but the Lib Dems want her to pay a massive tax bill because she has a 'mansion'.

She cant pay, the house is sold by the taxman to pay her tax liabilities.

Well done Mr Clegg for taxing people on appreciating assets over which they ahev no control of the value.

pee dubyas crayons said:
The FA decide to remove Robinho from City and give him to Stockport County in the interest of 'fairness'.

Just heard Nick Clegg banging on about their 'fair' tax proposals which entails taking more money from people with houses worth more than 2 million quid.

Why oh why do they want to punish people for doing well in life and making money?

And how can they call it fair?

I'm sure there are many City fans who vote Lib Dem or Labour so please tell me whether you would be happy if City's wealth was taken from us and spread to all other clubs to make it more 'fair'?

It's the same principle.

I think we should be lobbying the Lib Dems to include in their manifesto that MANUre and Droylsden should, in the interests of fair play, swap stadiums.

It'd have my vote.

DT King of all Geordies said:
I think this scheme does have some flaws but I am all for a bit of redistribution of income and wealth. More tax on the rich please.

So presumably you would be in favour of City's wealth being taken away and given to some of the poorer clubs like Everton?

pee dubyas crayons said:
DT King of all Geordies said:
I think this scheme does have some flaws but I am all for a bit of redistribution of income and wealth. More tax on the rich please.

So presumably you would be in favour of City's wealth being taken away and given to some of the poorer clubs like Everton?

Not really the same is it. Peoples well-being vs a club not being able to spend millions of pounds on players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.