Is this 'fair'?

I am all for rich people in the UK helping out the poor people. I did say that the scheme had flaws.

Anyway, last time we gave Everton money we got Lescott. Leave it up to you to decide whether we want to give them any more money.

Nothing wrong with taking some money from the very wealthy to redistribute amongst the poorer or better still to fund public projects. I know of a group of workers who earn anything from £25,000 to over £100,000 a week and earn more money than it is possible to spend. these same people can earn several hundred thousands or more for a few hours work endorsing a product. Very good at what they do some of them may be but lots of them are no better at their chosen profession than I am at mine, which happens to be nursing and I get in a year what the average erm, footballer gets in a week.

As for taxing the not quite super rich, yes flaws in the scheme but there is so much money sloshing around that hospitals and hospices shouldn't be having home made jam sales to survive.

Anyone that wants to leave britain so that they can keep their millions in the bank sitting there never being spent, well they can fuck off as far as I am concerned.

wow now there's a very envious person!

you choose what you want to do!

journolud said:
Nothing wrong with taking some money from the very wealthy to redistribute amongst the poorer or better still to fund public projects. I know of a group of workers who earn anything from £25,000 to over £100,000 a week and earn more money than it is possible to spend. these same people can earn several hundred thousands or more for a few hours work endorsing a product. Very good at what they do some of them may be but lots of them are no better at their chosen profession than I am at mine, which happens to be nursing and I get in a year what the average erm, footballer gets in a week.

As for taxing the not quite super rich, yes flaws in the scheme but there is so much money sloshing around that hospitals and hospices shouldn't be having home made jam sales to survive.

Anyone that wants to leave britain so that they can keep their millions in the bank sitting there never being spent, well they can fuck off as far as I am concerned.

No,believe it or not I'm not particularly envious, I've managed to work my way to a reasonable salary level and have a car, I've no need of a fleet of them. My point is about the amount of money that the very rich sit on while hospitals and hospices are fundraising for the basics. One signing on fee for a Wayne Rooney or the likes could be much more usefully used and no professional footballer would struggle on £5000 a week less. Not just them, Jonothan Ross and his ilk too. I don't want their money, just don't wnat them to have it.

journolud said:
No,believe it or not I'm not particularly envious, I've managed to work my way to a reasonable salary level and have a car, I've no need of a fleet of them. My point is about the amount of money that the very rich sit on while hospitals and hospices are fundraising for the basics. One signing on fee for a Wayne Rooney or the likes could be much more usefully used and no professional footballer would struggle on £5000 a week less. Not just them, Jonothan Ross and his ilk too. I don't want their money, just don't wnat them to have it.

so you dont want the rich to have money THEY earnt? seems fair.... i guess

supercity36 said:
journolud said:

so you dont want the rich to have money THEY earnt? seems fair.... i guess

Not quite what I meant. After you have earned say a couple of million, is there much need for anymore sitting in your bank account. Not begrudging them their fleets of Bentleys and their big houses but there has to be a limit to what amount of money it is reasonable to have when there are hospitals and schools to be funded. I know it will never happen but it would be nice if just one mega rich superstar was able to say "well, I'm set for life, from now on all money I earn I will donate to the public good".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.