Is this true?

RyantheBlue said:
Pam said:
This theory is so widespread, it might as well be urban myth but when you think about it, if they were so worried about derby teams contesting finals, then why would derby teams contesting semi finals be any different?

Seriously I dunno, I kept on getting told by people that they fix the semi's so that derbies can't take place in a final, I just asked to see if anyone else had heard the same, and I got made out to be a Clarkie :(

To answer your question, Ryan, yes I've heard this exact same thing loads of times but nobody ever knew for sure.

RyantheBlue said:
Someone delete this it's getting nastily embarrasing :(
I only wanted to see if anyone thought it was true, I didn't think it probable :(
MODS :( DELETE IT :(

Don't let them get to you. Personally it wouldn't surprise me. I've lost count how many times spuds have played arsenal in the league cup semis...

mat said:
RyantheBlue said:
Someone delete this it's getting nastily embarrasing :(
I only wanted to see if anyone thought it was true, I didn't think it probable :(
MODS :( DELETE IT :(

Don't let them get to you. Personally it wouldn't surprise me. I've lost count how many times spuds have played arsenal in the league cup semis...

That's kinda why I didn't dismiss it, I don't remember the last time it's happened, and I was always told by my Dad and his mates and people I went to the match with that they fixed it so they were drawn together in the semi's..

If the met have a problem with us playing the rags at wembley. Play it at Cardiff instead, i don't think the welsh would moan about holding the first Manchester Derby final.

mat said:
If the met have a problem with us playing the rags at wembley. Play it at Cardiff instead, i don't think the welsh would moan about holding the first Manchester Derby final.

I think if we did get each other in the final we'd play at Wembley but for whatever reason 'fixed draw' or simply both teams not reaching it, I don't think we'll see a Manchester Derby final for a while. If in 5 years times though we've been drawn against each other in the semi's more than 5 times in all competetions, I'm digging this thread out, and questioning them all laughing at me ;)

RyantheBlue said:
mat said:

That's kinda why I didn't dismiss it, I don't remember the last time it's happened, and I was always told by my Dad and his mates and people I went to the match with that they fixed it so they were drawn together in the semi's..
Liverpool and Everton played two FA cup finals in the 80's and the League Cup Final of 84 (replay was played at maine road) Chelsea Arsenal '07 League Cup 08 was Spurs Chelsea. Oh and the 02 Fa cup was Arsenal Chelsea

Pam said:
RyantheBlue said:
Seriously I dunno, I kept on getting told by people that they fix the semi's so that derbies can't take place in a final, I just asked to see if anyone else had heard the same, and I got made out to be a Clarkie :(

To answer your question, Ryan, yes I've heard this exact same thing loads of times but nobody ever knew for sure.

2002 FA Cup Final Chelsea v Arsenal and the 2007 LC Final

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.