Is this true?

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
RyantheBlue said:
That's kinda why I didn't dismiss it, I don't remember the last time it's happened, and I was always told by my Dad and his mates and people I went to the match with that they fixed it so they were drawn together in the semi's..
Liverpool and Everton played two FA cup finals in the 80's and the League Cup Final of 84 (replay was played at maine road) Chelsea Arsenal '07 League Cup 08 was Spurs Chelsea. Oh and the 02 Fa cup was Arsenal Chelsea

I mentioned that 84 was the last one in the original post I think, as for the others, it's different, there's many well supported teams in London, but none of them have been Arsenal/Spuds or Everton/Liverpool since the 84 time.

Someone is taking the piss out of you ryan.
There is no way on earth the FA could stop a City-yoonighted final.
Anyway, what the fuck makes you think they will reach the final????

RyantheBlue said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Liverpool and Everton played two FA cup finals in the 80's and the League Cup Final of 84 (replay was played at maine road) Chelsea Arsenal '07 League Cup 08 was Spurs Chelsea. Oh and the 02 Fa cup was Arsenal Chelsea

I mentioned that 84 was the last one in the original post I think, as for the others, it's different, there's many well supported teams in London, but none of them have been Arsenal/Spuds or Everton/Liverpool since the 84 time.

1986 was and 1989 after Hillsboro wasn't it?

Bilboblue said:
Someone is taking the piss out of you ryan.
There is no way on earth the FA could stop a City-yoonighted final.
Anyway, what the fuck makes you think they will reach the final????

Haha I promise you the people who have told me through the whole time I've been growing up in football were not taking the piss, they're certain that it wouldn't happen and that we would definitley be drawn in the semi's, I'm not so sure, it seems like a bit of a longshot, tbh there's not enough evidence to suggest that the fixing happens, but like someone made out earlier, I was not suggesting that the police will cancel a final if City-Utd got there :/ And I was just asking on here because of what I've been told, I thought a few more people would have heard the same but seems like only mat and Pam that have ever heard the rumour :/

RyantheBlue said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:

Ok the '89 FA Cup Final then was Mersyside Derby!! it's just the odds of it happening are rare.

Corky said:
RyantheBlue said:

My mistake 89 was, was that the last time? 86 was also, I was only born in 92! Jeeez :)

RyantheBlue said:
Corky said:

My mistake 89 was, was that the last time? 86 was also, I was only born in 92! Jeeez :)
Main thing is usually apart from the late 60's when we where having good times the rags were not and vice versa hence why we haven't met them in a final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.