Is top six not good enough?

C_T_I_D

It seems that way for everyone at the moment, from Sheik Mansour / Khaldoon Al Mubarek to ourselves the fans. It feels like anything outside the top four would be failure, despite us having an harder remainder of the fixture list than most in the running to finish in this position. I do not believe that should be the case personally. In my opinion perhaps this should have been the goal under Hughes because he had all the players and backing he required, but Mancini was not backed in the transfer market adequately / in the same fashion and does not have his own players so has to work with what he was left with somewhat.

Normally it would be. But with the opportunities gifted to us and the fact that apparently no team really wants the 4th spot, 6th would be disappointing imho.

We have the chance to finish 4th this season, it's in our hands. We already fucked up multiple opportunities to extent our lead to Villa, Liverpool and Spurs but we are still 1 point clear with a game in hand.

i think we have to accept that we are not playing well enough to finish 4th, top 6 will be fine, i would have taken that in august. tbh i have said 5th all along, 4th WAS there at one point but with our run in its now unlikely.

I do not think we will have a better chance to finish in the top 4. Its a realistic target and should be our are aim. We should be dissapointed if we do not make 4th spot

The most open its been in years, plus our supposed hard run in has a few tasty home ties, so yes it will be failure

Before a ball was kicked I thought we were capable of finnishing 5th or 6th, No one could invisige a season like this, where even the top teams are losing on a more regular basis, add that with Liverpools demise, we can take 4th, but speaking personnaly, I would still see 5th or 6th as a good achievment, but can understand why many would be disapointed.

avoidconfusion said:
Normally it would be. But with the opportunities gifted to us and the fact that apparently no team really wants the 4th spot, 6th would be disappointing imho.

We have the chance to finish 4th this season, it's in our hands. We already fucked up multiple opportunities to extent our lead to Villa, Liverpool and Spurs but we are still 1 point clear with a game in hand.

Exactly this. Top 6 not bad but disappointing and a rare opportunity thrown away if we miss 4th spot.

This team was assembled to finnish 4th, next season I can't see it getting anywhere near without a substantial turnover of playing staff. In reality if we fail to get 4th, next season may be a step backwards to go forwards the season after. In other words, failure to get 4th will set the club back 2 years!

There's nothing between City Liverpool Spurs and Villa! There are players in all 4 teams who are as good as each other, all 4 teams have players better than the other, all 4 teams are as inconsistent as each other and can be excellent as well as being poor the week after!

It wouldn't surprise me if the table finished:
4. City
5. Liverpool
6. Spurs
7. Villa

or if it finished:
4. Villa
5. Spurs
6. Liverpool
7. City

and to be honest it wouldn't bother me either way! we aren't a great team, in my eyes we've got a 5th/6th place squad, so we're on the right track and it would not be a failure to just be top 6!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.