Is Zabaleta the weak link?

Been saying it for 12 months. The gap between the first choice full backs( Richards and clichy) and the second choice full backs (zab and kolorov) is huge. Zab is short of pace and offers nothing going forward. Decent bench player as a solid stop gap in several positions, but not good enough to keep starting. Hopefully the new lad will help.

not+sure+if+serious+_a3c87850b858e3bdd7d16ee8dcf5c0ea.jpeg

kippaxchris said:
dwren said:
kippaxchris said:
Anybody else notice how in every match this season up to now there is a lot of crosses and goals coming from Zab's side? He is a great player but he seems to be drawn into the central areas of the pitch! The 2nd in the CS he was drawn into the box and left Sturridge with a free shot! Both of Southampton's goals for the first one he got drawn too far inwards towards Kompany and for the second one i know that Rodwell gave the ball away but Zaba charged all the way back but then he ran past Davies and stood of him and Davies bent it round Zaba and scored! And again today i will admit Zab had a brilliant game going forward and made some good tackles at the back but they kept getting past him and getting crosses in and eventually scored from one of them where as on the other side Kolarov was dealing with everything! Fabio and Co were getting past him so easy today.
Are you for real............your looking on the wrong wing mate...

How am i? Where did the goal come from today? And both against Southampton? And both in the CS? The left wing
Well actually, they came from more central-left positions, so because I'm going to be a pedantic sod, I'm labelling Kompany as the weak link. There.

supercrystal7 said:
I have mentioned this before on here and people did not like the suggestion. Zabaleta is a true warrior. Gives everything he has, fights to end, mentally strong and puts his body on the line. Fans, managers and players love him, but yes he is a bit of a weak link.

Mancini bringing in Maicon for extra cover speaks volumes about his opinion on this. Would never get rid of Zabaleta and would play him whenever I could. Great for the dressing room, the fans and the other players.

Exactly

Salford_Blue said:
Salar said:
We are conceding goals because of the tinkering that Bob is doing.Last year we had a stable defense so we stopped conceding goals.

He is tinkering and picking friggin' Kolarov.
We are a completely different back four unit with Clichy in there.
That and he picked Kolo last time in a back three.

Didsbury Dave said:
Been saying it for 12 months. The gap between the first choice full backs( Richards and clichy) and the second choice full backs (zab and kolorov) is huge. Zab is short of pace and offers nothing going forward. Decent bench player as a solid stop gap in several positions, but not good enough to keep starting. Hopefully the new lad will help.
hahaha....you have to be fishing with that comment.

Joehannes said:
kippaxchris said:
dwren said:
Are you for real............your looking on the wrong wing mate...

How am i? Where did the goal come from today? And both against Southampton? And both in the CS? The left wing
Well actually, they came from more central-left positions, so because I'm going to be a pedantic sod, I'm labelling Kompany as the weak link. There.

Haha

malg said:
Didsbury Dave said:
hahaha....you have to be fishing with that comment.

i love dave i dunno why...he makes me wonder if im gay or he talks like a woman ...

Didsbury Dave said:

When Micah is fully fit and Maicon adjusts to his team mates i doubt we will see Zabaleta in the right back position again unless he comes on as a sub! But he will pop up everywhere else when needed!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.