Isco alternatives?

taconinja said:
monty silva said:
Do we really need an attacking central midfielder anyway? Isco was always a nice to have a the right price for me. Navas was always the No.1 priority, width and pace were lacking last season. If the suggested bids for Isco and Cavani were to be believed £20M & £40M wouldn't it be better to get another wide attacking player...Bale. Absolutely the type of player we need, a cheaper option could be Sanchez from Barca. IMHO we don't really need another striker unless Tevez leaves, El Shaarawy or even Benteke would do.
We need someone who can play better on the left than Nasri who is far more comfortable in a central position.

Exactly my point Bale or Sanchez...Nasri will do the job Isco was earmarked for.<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:00 am --<br /><br />
taconinja said:
monty silva said:
Do we really need an attacking central midfielder anyway? Isco was always a nice to have a the right price for me. Navas was always the No.1 priority, width and pace were lacking last season. If the suggested bids for Isco and Cavani were to be believed £20M & £40M wouldn't it be better to get another wide attacking player...Bale. Absolutely the type of player we need, a cheaper option could be Sanchez from Barca. IMHO we don't really need another striker unless Tevez leaves, El Shaarawy or even Benteke would do.
We need someone who can play better on the left than Nasri who is far more comfortable in a central position.

Exactly my point Bale or Sanchez...Nasri will do the job Isco was earmarked for.

adrianr said:
BlackaryDaggery said:
dctid said:
stupid question but why do we need a replacement for Isco

While it's not 100% confirmed yet, it's looking more likely he's taking the Madrid offer.

Think his point was more why do we need a player like Isco if he isn't coming. The way it's been touted is Isco was a luxury signing due to Pellegrini and that's all, we weren't otherwise looking for a player with his skillset.

Yes, Navas and Fernandhino plug fairly big weaknesses in the squad. Isco was essentially an upgrade on Nasri. If we could have signed Isco for roughly the same we received for Nasri it would make sense. But if Pellegrini can add consistency and the correct attitude to Nasri then we wouldnt really need a replacement.

cibaman said:
adrianr said:
BlackaryDaggery said:
While it's not 100% confirmed yet, it's looking more likely he's taking the Madrid offer.

Think his point was more why do we need a player like Isco if he isn't coming. The way it's been touted is Isco was a luxury signing due to Pellegrini and that's all, we weren't otherwise looking for a player with his skillset.

Yes, Navas and Fernandhino plug fairly big weaknesses in the squad. Isco was essentially an upgrade on Nasri. If we could have signed Isco for roughly the same we received for Nasri it would make sense. But if Pellegrini can add consistency and the correct attitude to Nasri then we wouldnt really need a replacement.

its a big IF though and one we cant take a risk on we need more than just Nasri & Silva.

I still think we need an attacking midfielder (presuming Sinclair leaves when fit). As I don't think Silva, Navas, Nasri and an out of position Milner is enough in that position. Maybe we could promote Suarez or keep hold of Sinclair but I would like to see us with a comfortable amount of options in this area, and someone particularly capable to play on the left side.

kun said:
I still think we need an attacking midfielder (presuming Sinclair leaves when fit). As I don't think Silva, Navas, Nasri and an out of position Milner is enough in that position. Maybe we could promote Suarez or keep hold of Sinclair but I would like to see us with a comfortable amount of options in this area, and someone particularly capable to play on the left side.

Fernandinho, Yaya, Rodwell, Nasri Silva, Milner can all do a decent job attacking

Arda Turan would be a great buy. Plays on the left side, has the ability to create and score goals. Very technically gifted and is one of the best in La Liga. Class act. 25-30m bid worth a punt!

Iker Muniain- Ripped United apart at Old Trafford and is one of those players who has that hunger and desire to play football. He has a superb work ethic and would be superb alongside Silva and Navas. Very quick. 20-25m.

Douglas Costa- Has all the attributes to become a class player. Might not be that consistent as of yet, but every time i have seen him come on in games for Shakhtar, he has made the difference. Excellent dribbling ability and VERY fast. 15-20m.

Yevhen Konoplyanka- Not seen too much of him for Dnirpo, but he absolutely ripped England to shreads in the qualifying game at Wembley. There is no doubt this lad has bags of ability, great touch, lovely feet, very very verrryy fast and very technical too. Could either be another Arshavin or become a top player. Looked good in the Euros also. 20-25m

Henrikh Mkhitarian- Class little footballer. Why Liverpool are the only club after him i will never know. His stats are phenomenal and as well as being a great goalscorer and playmaker, he is also very quick. 20m.

Alan Dzagoev- As seen in the Euros, has great ability. Scores goals, pretty good with two feet and would be a good addition to any team in the Premier league. 15-20m.

Cristian Eriksen- As other people have pointed out, a cracking little footballer who would fit in well with our current crop of players. Two wonderful feet and a great football brain. Could be a better player than Modric. 15-20m.

Steven Jovetic- Class player. Could be a replacement for Tevez if he goes, but he fits in well with the other technical footballers we have. Very good on the ball and a very intelligent player who finds pockets of space in the final third. 25-30m.

Other players like Ljalic, Lamela, El Shaarawy, Draxler and Bernard.

Reus is unrealistic at this moment in time.

Nice comments mate....I agree and I think this is a big reason why City didnt want to pay the release clause for Isco...Nasir and Silva should be more than good enough for the new system. It's looking like Tevez is on his was out the door if you believe reports today so in my view, we need to start looking for another forward. El Shaarawy seems an interesting player and can play up front or out wide so could give us options....I will feel alot better when we've added another forward (with speed)...

Kind regards

ono said:
Nasri.

Don't really understand the need for Isco anyway. He plays better when he's central. He's less effective when on the left. We bought Nasri off the back of him having a brilliant season for Arsenal where he predominantly played in he centre due to the absence of Fabregas. We bought him and deployed him on the left where he lacks the acceleration and directness to create goal scoring opportunities.

Isco looks a great player, but an on form Nasri alongside Silva is already brilliant. Then you still have to find positions for Aguero, Navas, Tevez and Dzeko.

More than anything we need a right sided centre half who is capable of performing at a similar level to Kompany and Nastasic for 20 games a season. And we need to keep Lescott purely because Nastasic may need a break at some point next season. Young players tend to go off the boil for a while after playing in the first team. Micah Richards had a similar problem when he was in his teens.

Other than that, depending on who leaves, we need replacements, not signing for positions where we are already strong.

citizens_1976 said:
Arda Turan would be a great buy. Plays on the left side, has the ability to create and score goals. Very technically gifted and is one of the best in La Liga. Class act. 25-30m bid worth a punt!

Iker Muniain- Ripped United apart at Old Trafford and is one of those players who has that hunger and desire to play football. He has a superb work ethic and would be superb alongside Silva and Navas. Very quick. 20-25m.

Douglas Costa- Has all the attributes to become a class player. Might not be that consistent as of yet, but every time i have seen him come on in games for Shakhtar, he has made the difference. Excellent dribbling ability and VERY fast. 15-20m.

Yevhen Konoplyanka- Not seen too much of him for Dnirpo, but he absolutely ripped England to shreads in the qualifying game at Wembley. There is no doubt this lad has bags of ability, great touch, lovely feet, very very verrryy fast and very technical too. Could either be another Arshavin or become a top player. Looked good in the Euros also. 20-25m

Henrikh Mkhitarian- Class little footballer. Why Liverpool are the only club after him i will never know. His stats are phenomenal and as well as being a great goalscorer and playmaker, he is also very quick. 20m.

Alan Dzagoev- As seen in the Euros, has great ability. Scores goals, pretty good with two feet and would be a good addition to any team in the Premier league. 15-20m.

Cristian Eriksen- As other people have pointed out, a cracking little footballer who would fit in well with our current crop of players. Two wonderful feet and a great football brain. Could be a better player than Modric. 15-20m.

Steven Jovetic- Class player. Could be a replacement for Tevez if he goes, but he fits in well with the other technical footballers we have. Very good on the ball and a very intelligent player who finds pockets of space in the final third. 25-30m.

Other players like Ljalic, Lamela, El Shaarawy, Draxler and Bernard.

Reus is unrealistic at this moment in time.

Dzagoev would be very interesting. I'd take a look at Piazon at Chelsea too, formerly one of the best young players now unlikely to even see the bench

Pellegrini has been compared closely in attitude to his players with Wenger - if this is true then I expect him to get a good tune out of Nasri .
I get the feeling that he was one of the main victims of Mancini's " eccentricities"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.