Middle East Conflict (merged) | Iran launch missile attack after Israel invade Lebanon

I've noticed that the abuse of posters has started for yet again having the temerity to criticise Israel.
Comprehension not your strong point I take it.

I’ve criticised Israel as much as anyone on here during the last 15 years but unlike some, I don’t believe the deliberate targeting and hostage taking of innocent civilians is justified in the situation or any war.

Literally no one, that I have seen, has been called names for criticising Israel, a few have been called names for doing/saying other things though.

Comprehension not your strong point I take it.

I’ve criticised Israel as much as anyone on here during the last 15 years but unlike some, I don’t believe the deliberate targeting and hostage taking of innocent civilians is justified in the situation or any war.

Literally no one, that I have seen, has been called names for criticising Israel, a few have been called names for doing/saying other things though.

The thread always get pulled when folk start hailing abuse at each other, Personally I'd just remove the posters. Come on which posters have actually said this is a justified act?...

Let’s not pretend Hams and the Palestinians are the victims in all this!!

Hopefully Israel can crush the terrorists

Why not there's plenty on here that'll have you believe that, behaving like fucking Hamas are freedom fighters. A lot of veiled xenophobia and racism in this thread, half the fuckwits commenting couldn't give a fuck about Palestine. They'd support anybody fighting against "The Jews"

A peace agreement was reached covering 98% of the land. The blocking point was Jerusalem. Maybe a peace deal was never achievable but there was a possibility. Not everyone would have honoured it but that’s the case with the Good Friday agreement
Godness knows how many agreements have been made , there is always someone thays going to break it

Some of them are already dead sadly. The Arabs don’t want peace, they don’t want land which they think is theirs, they want the total destruction of the Israeli state and all Jews over the world.

This is presumably going to be pissing into the wind but perhaps we could keep the thread calmer if we used the right words. Don’t say Arabs when you mean Palestinian, don’t say Palestinian when you mean Hamas, and don’t say Jews when you mean Israel/Israelis.

The thread always get pulled when folk start hailing abuse at each other, Personally I'd just remove the posters. Come on which posters have actually said this is a justified act?...

I’d say these three are avoiding aiming their ire at the aggressors and doing all they can to show which side they’re supporting in the events of the last 24 hours.

One fucker going as far as to say the Israeli’s will be the ones killing the hostages as opposed to the terrorists that took them and are currently posting videos of beating them, beheading them, cutting their Achilles to stop them running away etc etc.

Another upset people aren’t showing enough empathy for the terrorists that are currently attacking Israel.

The third hoping that this isn’t a flash in the pan and that a mini world war 3 breaks out from this flash point with the Arab world ganging up on Israel (not that it worked out well the last time they tried).

I doubt they want to live their entire lives under violent oppression either. They did not chose to be born there, and it is easy for right wing middle classes to have zero empathy.

The hostages are only useful for prison exchanges or human shields. So they are likely to be well treated.

Wouldn't put it past Israel to kill their own to prevent their capture and the political humiliation of having to let hundreds of Palestinian militants go free again. As they've reportedly done in the past.

I agree mate . What pisses me off most is how can a nation whose chief export is oranges and olive oil gave the best weapons and nukes in the world . Hope the Arab world joins together and gives them a bloody nose

That’s just from the last two pages. What always astounds me is that people that believe themselves to be socially left wing so often end up supporting an extreme right wing theocratic terrorist organisation that would slit their throats as soon as look at them if they believed it would further their jihad.

It’s entirely possible to detest Israel’s leadership for the cunts that they are without feeling the need to justify or play devil advocate for the atrocities currently being inflicted upon innocent people that had the temerity to be born as Israeli nationals near the border. It’s not a football team, one doesn’t have to support one or the other and see every action through the myopic bias of such support. It’s a fucking sad story all round. Sad for those Israeli’s killed today, kidnapped today and likely not seeing the weekend out and sad for those Palestinians that are going to end up dying because they happen to live in the same residential buildings that Hamas leadership are hiding out in.

The people that will be dying will not be the decision makers on either side and it’s all so fucking depressing.

I’d say these three are avoiding aiming their ire at the aggressors and doing all they can to show which side they’re supporting in the events of the last 24 hours.

One fucker going as far as to say the Israeli’s will be the ones killing the hostages as opposed to the terrorists that took them and are currently posting videos of beating them, beheading them, cutting their Achilles to stop them running away etc etc.

Another upset people aren’t showing enough empathy for the terrorists that are currently attacking Israel.

The third hoping that this isn’t a flash in the pan and that a mini world war 3 breaks out from this flash point with the Arab world ganging up on Israel (not that it worked out well the last time they tried).

That’s just from the last two pages. What always astounds me is that people that believe themselves to be socially left wing so often end up supporting an extreme right wing theocratic terrorist organisation that would slit their throats as soon as look at them if they believed it would further their jihad.

It’s entirely possible to detest Israel’s leadership for the cunts that they are without feeling the need to justify or play devil advocate for the atrocities currently being inflicted upon innocent people that had the temerity to be born as Israeli nationals near the border. It’s not a football team, one doesn’t have to support one or the other and see every action through the myopic bias of such support. It’s a fucking sad story all round. Sad for those Israeli’s killed today, kidnapped today and likely not seeing the weekend out and sad for those Palestinians that are going to end up dying because they happen to live in the same residential buildings that Hamas leadership are hiding out in.

The people that will be dying will not be the decision makers on either side and it’s all so fucking depressing.
Well said mate.

Netanyahu might be a **** but this murderous attack by Hamas on Israeli civilians cannot be justified in any way at all.

I think this will end with the re-occupation of Gaza which will be good for absolutely no one except the extremists on both sides who want to perpetuate the conflict to keep themselves in power.

This is presumably going to be pissing into the wind but perhaps we could keep the thread calmer if we used the right words. Don’t say Arabs when you mean Palestinian, don’t say Palestinian when you mean Hamas, and don’t say Jews when you mean Israel/Israelis.
Totally agree although having previously and recently lived in the Middle East for nearly a decade, I never met an Arab that believed Israel had a right to exist and few, if any, made any distinction between Jews and Israelis so whilst you’re you’re right, he’s probably not as far away from the truth as you or I would like.

I know this is only my experience and you don’t know me from Adam in all honestly but we can only go off our own experience and having lived from the U.K. to a “modern” Middle Eastern state with many [relatively] affluent Arab friends, I was genuinely quite taken aback by the uniformity of feeling on the subject. One of my Mrs’s colleagues (primary school teacher) was given a written warning for showing a kids KS1 class a video approved in the U.K. about the Olympics that featured an Israeli flag for less than a second along with a myriad of other flags at the same time.

But I've still.not read anything where anyone.has said it's a.justified act.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.