Israel-Palestine Conflict

I watched a video, Piers Morgan's interview with Jeffrey Sachs.
To me, all of Jeffrey's views are very familiar. In fact, they are also the views of most people in my country. I am not surprised by what he said, but what really touches me is the opposition between Jeffrey and Piers. It is not a personal opposition between the two of them, but two completely different ideologies.
This kind of conflicts can be seen in almost all issues, not only Gaza, but also Ukraine.
I feel a bit sad that even someone with ideals, morality, knowledge, and first-hand diplomatic experience like Professor Jeffrey Sachs cannot convince anyone.

We could argue until the end of time but morally neither side will ever win this argument. Militarily, however, one side has already won and overwhelmingly so. The smart move for the Palestinians is to get rid of Hamas (and like minded Palestinians), get a reasonable government that has the respect of decent minded people worldwide and negotiate a permanent two state solution. Anything else will just lead to the continued suffering of the Palestinian people or eventually, as weapon technology increases, the total destruction of both Israel and Palestine.
The two state solution is not possible while Netanyahu is in office and probably not when he is succeeded.

The two state solution is not possible while Netanyahu is in office and probably not when he is succeeded.

It’s also never possible whilst Iran is backing its proxies to wage war on Israel.

Read this thread and it’s all so easy. Get rid of Netanyahu and his government and just give the Palestinians a state of their own.

Bullshit it’s that easy. It’s impossible because there are powers in play that don’t ever want peace with Israel no matter how moderate its government or however great a deal is on the table for Palestinians.

Its a shitshow with no end in sight to the circle of violence.

It’s also never possible whilst Iran is backing its proxies to wage war on Israel.

Read this thread and it’s all so easy. Get rid of Netanyahu and his government and just give the Palestinians a state of their own.

Bullshit it’s that easy. It’s impossible because there are powers in play that don’t ever want peace with Israel no matter how moderate its government or however great a deal is on the table for Palestinians.

Its a shitshow with no end in sight to the circle of violence.

People are suggesting getting rid of Netenyahu because as soon as you realise this isn’t a problem you can fix by bombing and starving a few million people to death, there’s literally not one reason to keep him around. He’s a criminal, corrupt to the core and has no interest in peace.

People are suggesting getting rid of Netenyahu because as soon as you realise this isn’t a problem you can fix by bombing and starving a few million people to death, there’s literally not one reason to keep him around. He’s a criminal, corrupt to the core and has no interest in peace.

It’s their lack of other suggestions that lets themselves and the discussion down.

As for non Hamas potential Palestinian leaders there is only one with the widespread popularity..... which is why the Israelis keep him locked up .... 22 years on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.