Israel-Palestine Conflict

I meant that it is a generous presumption, not that it was an inaccurate one (that is, that it was simply an innocent stroll by a mosque by a Jewish child in a mainly Jewish area).

For what’s worth, I have family in that area, and they are aware there is a mosque on Olinda Road. There has actually been some incidents recently there.
Like I say, it’s pretty stupid to send a child dressed like that walking past a mosque for the safety of the child’s sake as much as anything else but there’s no information as to whether the mosque was in use at that time anyway. Doubt the parents checked the service times.

I'm sorry, that's very cryptic - have there been "incidents" at that mosque?
I’ll assume this is a good faith question and not trolling.

I asked my great uncle that lives in the area about this a little while ago and he said there had been graffiti on the facade of the building and a confrontation a few weeks ago between a Jewish resident and a Muslim patron, which had to be deescalated by someone that lived just down the road (that heard the shouting and went down).

Like I say, it’s pretty stupid to send a child dressed like that walking past a mosque for the safety of the child’s sake as much as anything else but there’s no information as to whether the mosque was in use at that time anyway. Doubt the parents checked the service times.
I agree it was stupid, regardless of the circumstances. I would never let my son walk around the neighbourhood wearing that and carrying a fake rifle for Purim (to be fair, I wouldn’t allow him to dress as an IDF soldier, full stop, but that is my prerogative).

Edit: This year he dressed as tiny rabbi, and was quite cute.

Before this gains traction...

Is there actually a "mosque" there?

Stamford Hill is, well, rather a Jewish area.

When was this?

And given what the other kids in the picture are wearing, is this fancy dress?

Unwise, and possibly dangerous when police shoot people holding things that might be mistaken for a gun.

But maybe not as provocative as suggested?

It's obviously not ignorance.

The poster deliberately ignored parts of the comment (Like the 100 democratically elected members of parliament agreeing with Netanyahu) to construct a straw man ("You can't blame all of Israel for the actions of ONE MAN!!!").
Hence why they should simply be ignored. It is obvious they aren’t debating in good faith, so just let them talk to themselves, rather than give them the circular argument (and thread disruption) they obviously want.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.