Israel-Palestine Conflict

First, that is an exceptionally generous presumption.

Second, even if that is the case, the child should have been prevented from walking by the mosque dressed as he was. That was intentional, either way. Perhaps it was poor judgement from the child, which is obviously quite common, but the parents should have known better, hence why they would be held accountable.
It’s not much of a presumption when it’s in a religious Jewish area of North London where it’s traditional for kids to wear fancy dress because it’s Purim. Agree the parents should have realised it’s not a great idea to let the child walk past a mosque dressed like that but I suspect stupidity played a larger part than deliberate provocation.

Masjid Uthman Mosque
152 Olinda Rd, London N16 6TP, United Kingdom

Check the street view via google maps and you’ll see the picture was taken from in front of the mosque looking across the street.

Now, could the photo be older? Possibly. But, even so, it is highly problematic on many levels. Could be for Purim, could be for something else entirely. But objectionable, regardless.
I did. What identifies it as a mosque?

It’s not much of a presumption when it’s in a religious Jewish area of North London where it’s traditional for kids to wear fancy dress because it’s Purim. Agree the parents should have realised it’s not a great idea to let the child walk past a mosque dressed like that but I suspect stupidity played a larger part than deliberate provocation.
I meant that it is a generous presumption, not that it was an inaccurate one (that is, that it was simply an innocent stroll by a mosque by a Jewish child in a mainly Jewish area).

For what’s worth, I have family in that area, and they are aware there is a mosque on Olinda Road. There has actually been some incidents recently there.

I did. What identifies it as a mosque?
I am not sure why it lacking prominent identifiers on the street as mosque would have a bearing on the appropriateness of the incident.

Unless you are arguing that the child (and their parents) would be entirely unaware there is an active mosque on that street?

I do think the child’s face should have been blurred, though.

I meant that it is a generous presumption, not that it was an inaccurate one (that is, that it was simply innocent stroll by).
Maybe interrogate the kid dressed as IDF and ask if he thinks that from the river to the sea there should be only Israeli sovereignty?

Or not make things worse in multicultural London by making too much of a bit of stupidity.

Maybe interrogate the kid dressed as IDF and ask if he thinks that from the river to the sea there should be only Israeli sovereignty?

Or not make things worse in multicultural London by making too much of a bit of stupidity.
Or perhaps not lecture someone with family in that area that have told him there have been incidents at that mosque recently and therefore finds it very difficult to believe the child (and their parents) had no awareness of the implications of walking by it dressed as an IDF soldier carrying a fake rifle.

And if such “bits of stupidity” go on without scrutiny or resistance, they tend to escalate.

I am not sure why it lacking prominent identifiers on the street as mosque would have a bearing on the appropriateness of the incident.

Unless you are arguing that the child (and their parents) would be entirely unaware there is an active mosque on that street?

I do think the child’s face should have been blurred, though.
And yes, I am suggesting that they may not have known it was an active mosque. Whether they'd have thought twice if they had known, I can't say.

Or perhaps not lecture someone with family in that area that have told him there have been incidents at that mosque recently and therefore finds it very difficult to believe the child (and their parents) had no awareness of the implications of walking by it dressed as an IDF soldier carrying a fake rifle.

And if such “bits of stupidity” go on without scrutiny or resistance, they tend to escalate.
I'm sorry, that's very cryptic - have there been "incidents" at that mosque?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.