Israel-Palestine Conflict

The world really is missing a trick not studying Bluemoon for the solutions to the world’s complex religious, political and military problems.

Page 1400+ of “Israel is bad. America is bad for supporting Israel. Find more footage of children, especially crying, maimed or dead children.”

Did I miss the Hamas leader’s quotes about how great the war was going and the sacrifices being made by civilians were a great thing for Hamas?

He couldn’t give a flying fuck about the actual population he supposedly represents. He only cares about scoring political points. by continuing to use human shields in specific incendiary locations to keep hostages, while not even releasing the remains of those they say are already dead.

Yeah, the world is fucked up.

The world has always been fucked up.

People don’t like a fucked up world and everyone has their own feelings on who fucked it up, how and why.

Whenever you read this, the world will still be fucked up, perhaps in a new or novel way, but it won’t take long for us all to pick our side, even if it is new or novel, because it’s what we do.

We like to say we don’t like a fucked up world but it almost feels like it’s what sustains religions, politicians and the military-industrial complex, so I’m not sure everyone actually minds it being so fucked up, as they’d lose their raison d’etre if it wasn’t.

The rest of us? Tell Bluemoon how to fix it by tomorrow…because tomorrow never comes.

Peace be with you.

The world really is missing a trick not studying Bluemoon for the solutions to the world’s complex religious, political and military problems.

Page 1400+ of “Israel is bad. America is bad for supporting Israel. Find more footage of children, especially crying, maimed or dead children.”

Did I miss the Hamas leader’s quotes about how great the war was going and the sacrifices being made by civilians were a great thing for Hamas?

He couldn’t give a flying fuck about the actual population he supposedly represents. He only cares about scoring political points. by continuing to use human shields in specific incendiary locations to keep hostages, while not even releasing the remains of those they say are already dead.

People don’t like a fucked up world and everyone has their own feelings on who fucked it up, how and why.

Whenever you read this, the world will still be fucked up, perhaps in a new or novel way, but it won’t take long for us all to pick our side, even if it is new or novel, because it’s what we do.

We like to say we don’t like a fucked up world but it almost feels like it’s what sustains religions, politicians and the military-industrial complex, so I’m not sure everyone actually minds it being so fucked up, as they’d lose their raison d’etre if it wasn’t.

The rest of us? Tell Bluemoon how to fix it by tomorrow…because tomorrow never comes.

Peace be with you.
It took me decades to "pick a side". I didn't even know I had to "pick a side". It was just "the Holy Land". Until Israel started killing its own leaders for seeking a peaceful solution (including removing settlements - what were they?), I barely understood what the "sides" (including "terrorist organisations") wanted.

So I learned more about "the plight of the Palestinians" - how it was "their own fault" for the refugees not just slipping away into a global diaspora like the 1st century Jews under the Romans (or earlier exiles) - but without a "right of return" that any Jew could claim after 1900 years.

Then I learned about Zionism and its colonial nature, and the propaganda of "a people without land for a land without people". Some early Zionists may actually have believed that till they got to Palestine and realised it would mean displacing Palestinians. Then I learned about the terrorism to achieve a Jewish state, then how Israel's first leaders had mostly been leaders of "terrorist organisations" (though that wasn't how they were usually described by the British government or media).

Somewhere along the way I learned about the Nakba and started wondering why Jews who suffered persecution, pogroms and the Shoah would want to expand their territory into areas left to the Palestinians, then learned about those Zionists whose territorial ambitions extend from the sea to the river and into what's now Jordan.

I understood why Israel wanted to defend against Palestinian rockets but wondered why people chose to live so close to where the rockets were coming from, then wondered which Palestinian communities had been where Sderot is next to Gaza.

I could go on to where we are now, even write an essay on the things that might make for shalom in Jerusalem, but this is just to address the idea that it "won’t take long for us all to pick our side".

Peace be with you.
A pretty good way to start fixing it would be stop the occupation and the theft of land. Until that even starts to get addressed it will never end.

It took me decades to "pick a side". I didn't even know I had to "pick a side". It was just "the Holy Land". Until Israel started killing its own leaders for seeking a peaceful solution (including removing settlements - what were they?), I barely understood what the "sides" (including "terrorist organisations") wanted.

So I learned more about "the plight of the Palestinians" - how it was "their own fault" for the refugees not just slipping away into a global diaspora like the 1st century Jews under the Romans (or earlier exiles) - but without a "right of return" that any Jew could claim after 1900 years.

Then I learned about Zionism and its colonial nature, and the propaganda of "a people without land for a land without people". Some early Zionists may actually have believed that till they got to Palestine and realised it would mean displacing Palestinians. Then I learned about the terrorism to achieve a Jewish state, then how Israel's first leaders had mostly been leaders of "terrorist organisations" (though that wasn't how they were usually described by the British government or media).

Somewhere along the way I learned about the Nakba and started wondering why Jews who suffered persecution, pogroms and the Shoah would want to expand their territory into areas left to the Palestinians, then learned about those Zionists whose territorial ambitions extend from the sea to the river and into what's now Jordan.

I understood why Israel wanted to defend against Palestinian rockets but wondered why people chose to live so close to where the rockets were coming from, then wondered which Palestinian communities had been where Sderot is next to Gaza.

I could go on to where we are now, even write an essay on the things that might make for shalom in Jerusalem, but this is just to address the idea that it "won’t take long for us all to pick our side".
Insightful and educated, showing how this is a generational, religious and political problem for which there is no simple solution, especially given the “leaders” of the sides in conflict.

I think less zealous minds would have found the solution by now, but would those LEADERS have survived to enact a lasting peace?

A pretty good way to start fixing it would be stop the occupation and the theft of land. Until that even starts to get addressed it will never end.
You will get no argument from me. However, “who owns which rock?” seems to be a question without one answer. Therein lies a big problem.

Yes, let's blame 'complex religion' for causing the problem in Palestine, not politicians that can say 'if there wasn't an Israel, we would have to invent one', who's running the 'free world', right now; a proud co-author of the Afghanistan War as well. Let's not blame Zionist settlers bringing problems to a land where religion lived together in relative peace and respect before the West intervention.

Let's not blame a certain Western Gov that likes wars that destabilise and bring domino effects of problems to everyone else.

Sick of the bullshit.

Yes, let's blame 'complex religion' for causing the problem in Palestine, not politicians that can say 'if there wasn't an Israel, we would have to invent one', who's running the 'free world', right now; a proud co-author of the Afghanistan War as well. Let's not blame Zionist settlers bringing problems to a land where religion lived together in relative peace and respect before the West intervention.

Let's not blame a certain Western Gov that likes wars that destabilise and bring domino effects of problems to everyone else.

Sick of the bullshit.
Where would you like Jewish people to live?

The problem with Israel is not the existence of Israel, it's the actions of the Israeli government.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.