Israel-Palestine Conflict

I see the Aipac 2 are trying to shutdown anything regarding Palestine/Biden on the US thread. Fuckin scandalous.

And now their post have been deleted :)

Last edited:
Probably slightly off-topic:

This has been a bugbear for me for decades, odd, as I have no connections to Israel or anything untoward to Jewish religion in particular - it’s more to do with the general kowtowing or making unfair and unjust allowances to ‘ultra’ religious people - be it Orthodox Jews, jihadic Muslim, evangelist Christian, radical Hindu, etc

In this one case - the exemption of Orthodox Jews from military service - in a nation that has been attacked for all of its lifetime, seems very unfair on the rest of the Israeli population - that built, protects, works for the good of, and generally sustains the ultra orthodox community’s ability to continue their isolated lifestyle.

Always struck me as wrong, using religion as a means to justify anything you care to… but I’m into another topic there..

I’ll just head to my bunker, for the incoming.

Probably slightly off-topic:

This has been a bugbear for me for decades, odd, as I have no connections to Israel or anything untoward to Jewish religion in particular - it’s more to do with the general kowtowing or making unfair and unjust allowances to ‘ultra’ religious people - be it Orthodox Jews, jihadic Muslim, evangelist Christian, radical Hindu, etc

In this one case - the exemption of Orthodox Jews from military service - in a nation that has been attacked for all of its lifetime, seems very unfair on the rest of the Israeli population - that built, protects, works for the good of, and generally sustains the ultra orthodox community’s ability to continue their isolated lifestyle.

Always struck me as wrong, using religion as a means to justify anything you care to… but I’m into another topic there..

I’ll just head to my bunker, for the incoming.
You'd think that after 3,000 years of Torah study, they'd know by now that not even 63,000 students would find anything in there about exempting Torah students from war.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.