Israel-Palestine Conflict

What is the situation with him flying through the airspace of countries signed up to the ICC?

Not sure an aerial firefight is gonna help matters...

Nah, I'm sure the US will either avoid airspaces or make deals with the countries that agree with the arrest that the ICC have requested.

But, essentially, that's a very good question on the morality of abiding or not abiding with ICC request.

But, let me add, that I don't recall an actual warrant being issued.

What is the situation with him flying through the airspace of countries signed up to the ICC?

Not sure an aerial firefight is gonna help matters...

Nah, I'm sure the US will either avoid airspaces or make deals with the countries that agree with the arrest that the ICC have requested.

But, essentially, that's a very good question on the morality of abiding or not abiding with ICC request.

But, let me add, that I don't recall an actual warrant being issued.

The arrest warrant hasn't been issued yet and one of the last shameful acts of the vile tory government was to try and delay it.

An early test of Starmer's mettle where apparently the US are applying pressure to continue this course:

The human rights barrister Geoffrey Robertson describes the legal argument as preposterous in the 2nd article saying:

“The ICC was not even in existence in 1995 (it was not established until 2002), and the idea that a provisional clause in a moribund negotiation 30 years ago can prevent it from acting over breaches of international criminal law now is preposterous.

“Israel’s argument, adopted (so far) by the UK, is that Palestine is precluded from prosecuting Israelis and this means it cannot ‘delegate’ such prosecutions to the ICC. This is wrong because the ICC prosecutor is in no sense a delegate of Palestine.

“Karim Khan KC is an independent prosecutor who has collected evidence that he will bring to the court to ask it to issue an arrest warrant. He has no connection with Palestinian authorities.

“If the argument adopted by the UK is correct, there would be nothing to stop the Israel Defense Forces lining up Palestinian children and executing them point-blank. There would be no accountability for any crime against humanity they might commit.”

The arrest warrant hasn't been issued yet and one of the last shameful acts of the vile tory government was to try and delay it.

An early test of Starmer's mettle where apparently the US are applying pressure to continue this course:

The human rights barrister Geoffrey Robertson describes the legal argument as preposterous in the 2nd article saying:

“The ICC was not even in existence in 1995 (it was not established until 2002), and the idea that a provisional clause in a moribund negotiation 30 years ago can prevent it from acting over breaches of international criminal law now is preposterous.

“Israel’s argument, adopted (so far) by the UK, is that Palestine is precluded from prosecuting Israelis and this means it cannot ‘delegate’ such prosecutions to the ICC. This is wrong because the ICC prosecutor is in no sense a delegate of Palestine.

“Karim Khan KC is an independent prosecutor who has collected evidence that he will bring to the court to ask it to issue an arrest warrant. He has no connection with Palestinian authorities.

“If the argument adopted by the UK is correct, there would be nothing to stop the Israel Defense Forces lining up Palestinian children and executing them point-blank. There would be no accountability for any crime against humanity they might commit.”

Wow.

Saw this article pop up in my feed, but didn't have time to read it, so thanks for the highlighting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.