Israel-Palestine Conflict

hero-image.fill.size_1200x1200.v1614271530.png
This meme, due to it’s visual composition, hits differently in this thread.

I've also stayed out of the thread for the same reason and it's hard to disagree with much in this post. This situation is now just about Netanyahu and his grip on power. I very much doubt the West can do much.

I can't understand how some seemingly intelligent left-leaning posters can seemingly have common cause with a fundamentalist Islamic terrorist group, who are homophobic, undemocratic, don't allow freedom of expression or religion, treat women as second-class citizens, and who use the citizens they supposedly represent as human shields.

I think sensible thinking has been thrown out the window with this war.

Its fuelled by social justice warriors and a younger generation. Most of it is faux outrage. They scream for the people of Palestine yet vote for a party that has been funding the war. The Biden administration funded 26 billion dollars for Israel a few months ago and last week sent more jets and ammo that way.

It's the quiet left leaning people who are the most honest, yet won't speak because of being attacked by their left leaning counterparts. The boomer, Gen X and millennials remember the 9/11 attacks very well. They see how the middle East and Palestine celebrated the towers coming down. Only Israel showed support for the States.

This has lived long in the memory for a lot of Americans, right and left sided. Some of these major news channels who claim to be left leaning like to play both sides of the fence with their anti Islam and then anti semite to stir up people's emotions.

The ones out their protesting are idiots. One week they're waving placards Free Palestine, next week rubbing themselves off over a party who funds it. Also, cheering on a terrorist organisation on top of that. You cannot make it up.

My biggest concern is how much land will be given back to the Palestinian people? Will a puppet government be put in? Will they recognise them as a country?

Just when a corner is turned its more bloodshed and more generations of hate to follow. An absolute shit show.

I think sensible thinking has been thrown out the window with this war.

Its fuelled by social justice warriors and a younger generation. Most of it is faux outrage. They scream for the people of Palestine yet vote for a party that has been funding the war. The Biden administration funded 26 billion dollars for Israel a few months ago and last week sent more jets and ammo that way.

It's the quiet left leaning people who are the most honest, yet won't speak because of being attacked by their left leaning counterparts. The boomer, Gen X and millennials remember the 9/11 attacks very well. They see how the middle East and Palestine celebrated the towers coming down. Only Israel showed support for the States.

This has lived long in the memory for a lot of Americans, right and left sided. Some of these major news channels who claim to be left leaning like to play both sides of the fence with their anti Islam and then anti semite to stir up people's emotions.

The ones out their protesting are idiots. One week they're waving placards Free Palestine, next week rubbing themselves off over a party who funds it. Also, cheering on a terrorist organisation on top of that. You cannot make it up.

My biggest concern is how much land will be given back to the Palestinian people? Will a puppet government be put in? Will they recognise them as a country?

Just when a corner is turned its more bloodshed and more generations of hate to follow. An absolute shit show.

So much to unpack in that. But what corner did you think has been turned?

When 911 occurred, due to the time difference, it was night time here. The next morning, our middle school headmaster gave a speech to the whole school, saying that 9/11 was a tragedy for humanity, but it would also give our country a breathing time. The US would focus its strategic efforts on the Middle East in the next few years and not spend a lot of time trying to contain China.
(And my classmates celebrated it too, sorry for that...)

When 911 occurred, due to the time difference, it was night time here. The next morning, our middle school headmaster gave a speech to the whole school, saying that 9/11 was a tragedy for humanity, but it would also give our country a breathing time. The US would focus its strategic efforts on the Middle East in the next few years and not spend a lot of time trying to contain China.
(And my classmates celebrated it too, sorry for that...)

The world is a complicated place. If only everybody else shared western values it would be a much easier world to "manage".

The world is a complicated place. If only everybody else shared western values it would be a much easier world to "manage".
Yes but the good values, not the bad ones...
I think the realistic views are the best tools to unite the people together.
And nowadays , I think many young people in the west , yes they are kind and sympathetic, which is great, but also a little bit of naive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.