Israel-Palestine Conflict

No worries I don’t think you are taking unfair shots at me.

I think enough pressure will be put on Kamala to make her change course.

Leaks from the administration particularly from people who have resigned from the State Department because of the war in Gaza have stated that Harris is a lot more emphatic to Palestinian lives than anyone in the Biden administration. I know that isn’t really saying much but it is promising. According to more leaks, the people she will have as part of her national security team will not be neo cons like Sullivan, Matt Miller, Blinken, and Brett McGurk which will be a big step up from a very low bar.

I know these changes are very minor but it leaves a lot to be hopeful about in my opinion. Like I said all the Harris administration will have to do is follow the laws already on the books and stop running cover for Israel.

I think the fact that Harris is a “squishy” standard Democrat means she isn’t going to tank her administration for Israel. Sure, she’s taken Israel lobby money and is just as pro Israel as any standard Democrat but it’s obvious the party has moved. Half of Democrats including herself boycott Netanyahu’s speech. And in my opinion there won’t be another Dem president as pro Israel as Biden.

The fact of the matter is the general Democrat electorate especially is already ready for these measures to be taken but as you put it the MSM and powers that be want to still pretend the public would be against it when data shows otherwise. People like Pelosi have even signed letters to Biden saying they endorse conditioning aide as well.

Unfortunately Kamala Harris has at the moment little room to maneuver but in my opinion if this war goes and as it has then she will be eventually be forced to break away from Biden because this level of support is unsustainable in her coalition.

Thanks for responding and not taking it personal.

I just wish I had the 'hopium' everyone else is smoking. I've seen this all before and I've studied the actions of politicians at the very top, especially the 'Well Meaning Liberal' politician that El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz spoke of and Martin Luther King got to know at a personal level.

So, why play to the crowd with the no-show for Netanyahu speech and, yet, greet him for talks afterwards? Not meeting would have sent a much more powerful message, but she co-signed the $Bns of military aid a couple of weeks after.

Wordplay is such a fantastic tool that allows open interpretation and can play like it moves towards a positive goal without doing anything. It's like the much promising "access to" [healthcare, in this case]. This just meant if you had even a dollar, this was on a 'pathway to affording healthcare'! So when Harris is stating she wants a ceasefire and a release of Hamas hostages and she purposely leaves out Israel's unlawful imprisonment of children [a basic no-brainer to talk about] knowing that talks are unlikely to be successful.

And when Hamas do not release their captives on a demand, it does this knowing Israel have no intention of being good faithed to do the same with their prisoners. The circular logic for Israel being that Hamas won't release the hostages, so will not have good faithed talks.

Just an opinion.

What this doesn't say is how many votes she will lose from pro-Israel voters if she adopts the same policy. And that is the tightrope that she and Biden are walking at the moment. I'm sure someone in the DNC is crunching the numbers.

This. she may gain a lot but she will lose as many if not more from the bible belt areas etc. Its why Trump is campaiging on full support of Israel to get those voters.

I just wish I had the 'hopium' everyone else is smoking. I've seen this all before and I've studied the actions of politicians at the very top, especially the 'Well Meaning Liberal' politician that El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz spoke of and Martin Luther King got to know at a personal level.

So, why play to the crowd with the no-show for Netanyahu speech and, yet, greet him for talks afterwards? Not meeting would have sent a much more powerful message, but she co-signed the $Bns of military aid a couple of weeks after.

Wordplay is such a fantastic tool that allows open interpretation and can play like it moves towards a positive goal without doing anything. It's like the much promising "access to" [healthcare, in this case]. This just meant if you had even a dollar, this was on a 'pathway to affording healthcare'! So when Harris is stating she wants a ceasefire and a release of Hamas hostages and she purposely leaves out Israel's unlawful imprisonment of children [a basic no-brainer to talk about] knowing that talks are unlikely to be successful.

And when Hamas do not release their captives on a demand, it does this knowing Israel have no intention of being good faithed to do the same with their prisoners. The circular logic for Israel being that Hamas won't release the hostages, so will not have good faithed talks.

Just an opinion.

I agree with your assessment. To be honest I have little faith in our leadership in the US or UK. I don’t see anyone on the wings or horizon who would be able to meet the moment that this point in time requires. My hopium hedges more on the activists, human rights organizations, and a younger generation that has shown that they have little room for the BS being propagated by the MSM. For now we watch in horror sadly…

Just an opinion.
I recognise in a lot of your posts, a truth I certainly wouldn’t deny looking from the outside into America.
I do however always feel that you slant things as a justification for your anti-Biden/Harris/Democrats feelings.
These may also be well founded, but looking objectively from the outside, as I say, I can’t help feel that your criticism are basically of a system that will remain the same no matter who’s in. And in America your choice is GOP or Dem. That’s Trump or Harris. For me, although I don’t get a vote, that’s a no-brainer.

And regarding American foreign policy, like I said earlier, I doubt Trump could find Gaza on a map, but I couldn’t see the Republicans doing anything other than what the present government are doing regarding Israel.

In short, I think you are dead right in what you are saying about current American foreign policy and it is as hypocritical as it always has been, but in the current climate of an election coming up I think the outcome of either getting in, is just two cheeks of the same arse.
If I was in a position to vote, it wouldn’t be a reason for me to vote for Trump over Harris.

I support our own governments stance on Palestine. In Ireland perhaps, we see such similarities to partition on this island and the trouble it caused because of how it was managed or governed. Lessons should be learnt both by our allies such as Britain and America and France perhaps, but also worldwide and by the Israeli people themselves. I suppose that all depends on what each actually wants rather than what they know is right.

Last edited:
I recognise in a lot of your posts, a truth I certainly wouldn’t deny looking from the outside into America.
I do however always feel that you slant things as a justification for your anti-Biden/Harris/Democrats feelings.
These may also be well founded, but looking objectively from the outside, as I say, I can’t help feel that your criticism are basically of a system that will remain the same no matter who’s in. And in America your choice is GOP or Dem. That’s Trump or Harris. For me, although I don’t get a vote, that’s a no-brainer.

And regarding American foreign policy, like I said earlier, I doubt Trump could find Gaza on a map, but I couldn’t see the Republicans doing anything other than what the present government are doing regarding Israel.

In short, I think you are dead right in what you are saying about current American foreign policy and it is as hypocritical as it always has been, but in the current climate of an election coming up I think the outcome of either getting in, is just two cheeks of the same arse.
If I was in a position to vote, it wouldn’t be a reason for me to vote for Trump over Harris.

I support our own governments stance on Palestine. In Ireland perhaps, we see such similarities to partition on this island and the trouble it caused because of how it was managed or governed. Lessons should be learnt both by our allies such as Britain and America and France perhaps, but also worldwide and by the Israeli people themselves. I suppose that all depends on what each actually wants rather than what they know is right.
Do you think recognition of Palestine by European allies is possible and helpful?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.