Israel-Palestine Conflict

I honestly don't understand the argument.

Iran are not an existential threat today but only because of years of successful western sanctions and Israeli intelligence actions which have prevented Iran acquiring nuclear weapons.

If Iran did acquire nuclear weapons then do you believe that they'd use them in Israel? The rhetoric and Iranian government suggests so? At what point will you admit that Iran are a bit of a pain in the arse?

Notice we haven't spoken about anybody wanting peace, that sort of sums this up doesn't it?

My only point was that the justification on here for what Israel started doing after the October attack was that Hamas was an existential threat to Israel. Which imo was bollocks then and is now. Then it became that Hamas is supplied and funded by Iran which is an existential threat to Israel, which also imo was bollocks then and is now. That's all.

But as you ask:

Russia has nuclear weapons. Do you believe they'd use them in Ukraine? The rhetoric and Russian government suggests so? It's not a great argument.
The Ayatollahs may be crazy in our eyes but I doubt they are suicidal. Any attack on Israel with nuclear weapons, or nuclear material with their signature, would be the end of them.

I fully understand that Iran are being a pain in the arse. Do I think it's because they want to eliminate Israel? I am not so sure. It seems to me it's just part of giving the "Little Satan" the occasional bloody nose as part of their broader conflict with the "Great Satan".

And about peace, my argument is that it won't happen until the US and Iran put their big boy pants on and negotiate something they each want in return for giving up something the other wants. I doubt the Iranians really care much about Israel or the Palestinians one way or the other.

My only point was that the justification on here for what Israel started doing after the October attack was that Hamas was an existential threat to Israel. Which imo was bollocks then and is now. Then it became that Hamas is supplied and funded by Iran which is an existential threat to Israel, which also imo was bollocks then and is now. That's all.

But as you ask:

Russia has nuclear weapons. Do you believe they'd use them in Ukraine? The rhetoric and Russian government suggests so? It's not a great argument.
The Ayatollahs may be crazy in our eyes but I doubt they are suicidal. Any attack on Israel with nuclear weapons, or nuclear material with their signature, would be the end of them.

I fully understand that Iran are being a pain in the arse. Do I think it's because they want to eliminate Israel? I am not so sure. It seems to me it's just part of giving the "Little Satan" the occasional bloody nose as part of their broader conflict with the "Great Satan".

And about peace, my argument is that it won't happen until the US and Iran put their big boy pants on and negotiate something they each want in return for giving up something the other wants. I doubt the Iranians really care much about Israel or the Palestinians one way or the other.
Unfortunately religious zealots on all sides seem to rule, there will never be peace until they all stop believing in the tooth fairy and its mates, that won’t happen until ET lands and says they populated earth in an experiment.

I honestly don't understand the argument.

Iran are not an existential threat today but only because of years of successful western sanctions and Israeli intelligence actions which have prevented Iran acquiring nuclear weapons.

If Iran did acquire nuclear weapons then do you believe that they'd use them in Israel? The rhetoric and Iranian government suggests so? At what point will you admit that Iran are a bit of a pain in the arse?

Notice we haven't spoken about anybody wanting peace, that sort of sums this up doesn't it?
If Israel did acquire nuclear weapons ... Oh wait, they've got them. Given what's happening in Gaza and the West Bank, don't they need to be deterred?

(I should make clear I'm mainly coming at this from comparison with the British argument for having a nuclear "deterrent". Thus, both sides having nuclear weapons would come under the usual argument that mutual deterrence has kept the peace in Europe for 70 years. Well, until Russia invaded Ukraine.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.