Israel-Palestine Conflict

okay,
i'm not up on everything,
but i have a question.
it's slightly off-topic,
so if it's too far off-topic please ignore me...

why exactly have jews been persecuted over the centuries?

is it something to do with what they said or thought or did?
is there any rationality to it?
were they simply a minority scapegoat?
was it that they were blamed for the death of jesus?

I’ll try to be as concise.

Ancient Egypt history

1. I will exclude the persecution of Jews in ancient Egypt age, mainly because hieroglyphs and steles have missing puzzle pieces and that Egyptian hieroglyphs transliterated of Pelest and Palashtu in a few steles, while Is-r-iar (contested to is-r-rem) is only on one stele. So I exclude the ancient Egypt age.

Greco-Roman History

2. The Judean cities were the only conquered Roman Kingdom that allowed the non-Roman citizenry free rights and practice of their religion. Judean Greeks are allowed monotheism in their synagogues and at the same time the Roman governance continued to practice their polytheistic Greek faith.

The Judean city was named Caeserea to honour the Roman Empire, but later allowed the city be renamed King Herod to honour the Judean Greeks. Gradually, as governance became more Judean, the Greco-Roman citizenry complained that the city is only for Judean, from trade to practice. All supremely Judean. It was a difficult task for the Greco-Romans to run an immersive and multifaith, multiracial city.

One day, a group Greco-Romans (Hellenists) sacrificed a bird outside the steps of the Judean synagogue. This caused a huge uproar for the Judean. Despite the talents (equivalent to treasure) given to the Roman governor Gessius Florus to appease the provocation, the Judean populace conducted a revolt, from mocking the governor to killing Roman civilians. The killing of Roman civilians was the first illegal murder under Roman Law. In response the governer captured and crucified civilians, but most were actually Roman leaders.

The Judean revolt also built walls that encircled the Roman forts and mocked them. the Roman soldiers fled. The (extremist? freedom fighter?) Judean group called the Sicarii invaded the Roman stronghold. And thus the first Roman-Judean War began.

In summary, the early Jews aspired an exclusively Judean city, while the Romans opted for a multifaith multiethnic city. The Roman Hellenists did conduct a bird sacrifice outside the synagogue that angered the early Jews. In response, the Jews mocked the governor and killed the Roman civilians.

Islam - Jewish History

The early age of Islam began when the Quraisy tribes of Mecca led by Abu Sufian have extreme hatred of Muhammad and his teachings. The Quraisy attempted to assassinate Muhammad in his house, but Muhammad managed to escape with his companion Abu Bakar. Quraisy tribes are Pagan polytheists who are against the Moslem monotheists.

The two escaped to Medina where the tribes included the Jews and Arabs. Prominent Jew tribes include the Nadir, Qurayza and Qanuyqa. Prominent Arab tribes include the Khazraj and Aws. In terms of internal faction, the Qanuyqu allied with the Aws, while the Nadir and Qurayza allied with the Khazraj.

The first Islam war was between the Moslems and the Quraisy. The war is called the Battle of Badr between 313 Moslem soldiers and 1000 Quraisy soldiers. The Jew tribes did want to be involve for the Moslem side but the Moslem rejected the offer due to the war being only because of Quraisy hatred to Moslem. The Moslem soldiers included the Khazraj and Aws because they converted. The Battle of Badr was won by the outnumbered Moslems.

The third Islam war was between Muslims and the Quraisy. The Battle of the Trench which besieged Medina. The Moslem side built a trench to defend Medina and its Arab and Jew tribes. Outside of the trench were the Quraisy soldiers with Abu Sufian and their new war partners, the Jewish tribes.
The battle ended in a stalemate.

Under the Constitution of Medina, the new Moslem governance declared equal rights to Moslems and non-Moslems, including the Nadir, Qanuyna and Qurayza. But gradually the Jew tribes defected because they prefer supremely Judean city. They were eventually exiled for their supremacist interests. In contrast, the previously archnemesis Quraisy eventually embraced the Moslem governance. The polytheist Abu Sufian himself, who was the leader of the Quraisy and led the battles mentioned earlier, converted to Islam and became a close companion, and then after Mecca and Medina became one Moslem empire with multifaith multiethnic kingdom of polytheists, Moslems, Christians and moderate Jews.

The ones that missed out were the Nadir, Qanuyna and Qurayza Jew tribes, known for their supremacist preference of the Promised Land. They were exiled to the outskirts and beyond the Arab world.

I will continue more then after.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.