Israel-Palestine Conflict

India was governed by the British for a long time. The population were Indian. Algeria was governed by the French for a shorter period of time But the population were not French.

You might like to console yourself with the fact that Palestinians have never governed the land they live in. But whoever was governing the place whether it was the Ottomans(400 years), Egypt, Jordan, the British, Selzuk Turks, or the Mamluk dynasty, the majority of the population were Arabs.
For 12 centuries the Arabs of Palestine had their home in Palestine. The Guvnors came and went.

There hasn't been a Jewish majority in Palestine since the 2nd Century AD.

In 1800 there were 7,000 Jews as opposed to 270, 000 Arabs.

100 years later, after the first Zionists had arrived, the Jewish population had expanded to 43k. Still dwarfed by the nearly half a million Arabs.

By the time of supposed partition nearly 700,000 Jews lived in Palestine. Only a third of the population but nevertheless it highlights the massive immigration that took place.

No wonder the indigenous population were pissed off.
And remind me why this 'massive immigration' took place?

West Bank was governed by Jordan between 1948 and 1967.
Gaza was governed by Egypt between 1948 and 1967.
Before 1948, that land was governed by many different empires including Britain.

Israel took over these territories after defeating both Egypt and Jordan during the six day war of 1967.
Israel left Gaza since 2005 until 2023 after the October 7 attack. They wanted to hand Gaza back to Egypt but the Egyptians refused.
Let's be accurate. Jordan annexed the West Bank rather than governed it. Egypt ruled Gaza under military occupation. Both could have enabled self-governance, yet neither had any interest in doing so. The Palestinians' worst enemy has been their fellow Arabs.

Are there any artifacts of Arab origin in Palestine?
Can you name any Arab king/queen that ruled in Palestine.
What was the currency of the Arab kingdom of Palestine.
Are you being deliberately obtuse?

I already said that they never governed Palestine and therefore no, there'd be no Arab king or queen.
And for the very same reason there'd be no currency either.

As for artefacts I have no idea.

I guess what you are trying to say is that there has not been an Arab majority.

I imagine with the artefact question, that you mean a kingdom of Israel that existed at the same time that Queen Boudica was strutting her stuff, legitimises the modern state of Israel.

The hostages are considered as good as dead. This stance will discourage future hostage takings.

Israel has been prevented from achieving complete military victory in the past by several countries in the West. These countries are silent whenever Israel is attacked. As soon as Israel retaliates, they come out and ask for a ceasefire. I think this emboldened Hamas and Hezbollah before October 7. However, the graphic images from that genocide has changed the landscape forever.
Peace will return when one side finally accept defeat just like Egypt, Germany and Japan.

One might disagree with the Israeli policies. But this is the new reality.
Gaza is completely destroyed. Lebanon is following suit.
So Israeli sovereignty from the river to the sea? And 6m Palestinians do what?

You think peace is possible if groups keep attacking Israel?
It isn't.
You think you can occupy some one else’s land and exit in peace?

When your existence is on the premise you will exterminate the natives with military might from blackmailed backers and when you have to constantly battle those belonging to the territories and neighbouring people one may logically argue that you don’t have a credible economic or humanitarian argument to exist as an experimental state.

Majority of European governments up until recently have been implementing policies that were influenced by the Far Left. The problem the Left has is that they struggle to recognise when their policies have gone too far. They ignored the complaints of the people and are very quick to attach labels to those who don't agree with their policies.
The result is voters now favour parties that are moving in the opposite direction. Netherlands, Italy and more recently, Austria are electing Far Right politicians. Reform Party here in the UK had some success in the recent election as well.

This is what I was referring to in my earlier post.

Now tell me the land that Israel is occupying and since when did this occupation began?
Same question to you as to others: what are the boundaries of Israel?

India was governed by the British for a long time. The population were Indian. Algeria was governed by the French for a shorter period of time But the population were not French.

You might like to console yourself with the fact that Palestinians have never governed the land they live in. But whoever was governing the place whether it was the Ottomans(400 years), Egypt, Jordan, the British, Selzuk Turks, or the Mamluk dynasty, the majority of the population were Arabs.
For 12 centuries the Arabs of Palestine had their home in Palestine. The Guvnors came and went.

There hasn't been a Jewish majority in Palestine since the 2nd Century AD.

In 1800 there were 7,000 Jews as opposed to 270, 000 Arabs.

100 years later, after the first Zionists had arrived, the Jewish population had expanded to 43k. Still dwarfed by the nearly half a million Arabs.

By the time of supposed partition nearly 700,000 Jews lived in Palestine. Only a third of the population but nevertheless it highlights the massive immigration that took place.

No wonder the indigenous population were pissed off.
For some reason they didn't believe that the Jews came in peace and would be grateful with the land allocated to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.