Israel-Palestine Conflict

And remind me why this 'massive immigration' took place?
The current western backers? Hypocrisy right?

Heard several influential commentators mention they did not want to enlarge the Jewish population in Europe so wanted to keep them away at arm’s reach in someone else’s country well aware from their borders. If Germany had not done what they had the Jewish population would have been a sizeable population. The hate of the West now transfered and to hosts who are now victims. The suffering indegenious population that had initially welcomed them lose out.

And remind me why this 'massive immigration' took place?
After the horrific events of the holocaust the Jews needed a homeland and it would have been ridiculous for there homeland to be in Uganda or wherever else was suggested.

I think what most of the pro Palestinian posters object to is the way things panned out after the partition. And the ongoing suffering of the Palestinian people.

You might say they brought it on themselves. I don't see it that way.

Original Palestine was the size of Wales roughly. In 1947 the total population was roughly 2 million. Of which Jews made up a third.
The Jewish population of Israel is now over 7 million. There are over 2 million Israeli Arabs.
5 million Palestinians.
That's 14 million in total living in what was called Palestine. Wales? Just over 3 million.

Ben Gurion understood what was needed for a future Israeli state. Expansion. And the Arabs knew he knew. Hence the inevitable conflict.

Are there any artifacts of Arab origin in Palestine?

How about mosques?
Monasteries?
Villages destroyed in the Nakba?
Al Kabri? (I'm guessing you don't know about that)

In April 1948, the Haganah prepared an initial blueprint for an operation called "Ehud", which provided for attacks on al-Kabri, al Nahar, al-Bassa and al-Zib for "the destruction of the gangs [and] the menfolk, [and] the destruction of property".[27] Yaacov Pundaq, a Haganah commander in the Carmeli Brigade's 21st Battalion, who was responsible for the area around Nahariya designated to be part of the future Arab state in the 1947 United Nations Partition Plan, had repeatedly caused damage to the Kabri aqueduct nearby, the primary conduit for feeding Acre. In the face of successful repair work by Arabs, he contaminated the site's waters with flasks of typhoid, or typhoid and diphtheria bacteria. This was the most serious use of Israel's deployment of biological warfare in 1948.[30]

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.