Israel-Palestine Conflict

I can say it because all we hear in here is what Israel must do.

We know what they have to do.

What does Hamas and Hezbollah have to do to allow getting around a table worthwhile?

Hamas is a terrorist organsiation. There are more reasonable negotiating partners available who should be supported to become the representatives of the palestinian people in negotiations. If it's Israel taking a strategic decision to cut out those negotiating partners and instead allow funding and resource to flow to Hamas then of course it's on them to change that.

I can say it because all we hear in here is what Israel must do.

We know what they have to do.

What does Hamas and Hezbollah have to do to allow getting around a table worthwhile?

They won't do anything, but they are terrorist organisations, they need to be strangled (I was going to say beheaded and then strangled, but I suppose that is impossible) and then made irrelevant. You (ie "one") can't look at parts of this conflict in isolation, there needs to be a coherent and, dare I say, holistic strategy to end this nonsense.

Historically the military option has been a winning formula for Israel backed by latest US tech. So to me they're always going to default to that unless something changes that stops it being worthwhile.

So what could that something be? Could it be their opponents are now better armed, Could it be this is such a PR disaster that it becomes untenable for even Biden to support them because of lack of support? Powers of middle East states to influence the US? Change of government in Israel?

Also what has happened to Sunak? Not heard much after his initial proclamations about who he hoped would win.

Historically the military option has been a winning formula for Israel backed by latest US tech. So to me they're always going to default to that unless something changes that stops it being worthwhile.

So what could that something be? Could it be their opponents are now better armed, Could it be this is such a PR disaster that it becomes untenable for even Biden to support them because of lack of support? Powers of middle East states to influence the US? Change of government in Israel?

Also what has happened to Sunak? Not heard much after his initial proclamations about who he hoped would win.
He's probably too busy kissing Bibi's arse .

Some people are shit. Both Israelis and Palestinians. They are not an example of the whole people.

Ordinarily that is very true however Israel is unique in many ways. The education system is divided with a heavy slant to the positives of the Zionist project this diminishes the perception of Arab rights, equally Jews and Arabs are segregated educationally with the Arab curriculum set by the state of Israel. Whilst it doesn’t actively promote hatred nor does it promote balance. This is a good read on some of the issues.

As the IDF is largely a conscripted army it’s easy to see how their education plays a pivotal role in the behaviour of its soldiers on the ground if one side has been portrayed as unequal throughout your school life.

I’m sure the Palestinian education system in Gaza and the West Bank is equally problematic.

Education won’t win a war but it can prevent it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.