Israel-Palestine Conflict

Why are Egypt so reluctant to open the border or is it Israel stopping it?

Well thing about it, they would have nearly 2 mil people to look after. Israel would annex Gaza and demolish what is left and most likely not let any of them back across the border. And the Egypt would have a terror group based in their country attacking Israel. Would be the last thing Egypt wants.

My only concern (actually, one of my many concerns) with the "reduce the effectiveness" argument, and I do get what you are saying, is that it isn't a solution at all. At best, it's a temporary non-solution and the next iteration of the ideological movement always seems to be more extreme, I suppose quite understandably, the number of civilians you kill.
I think it should not be missing that lots of the innocent civilians are killed by the ideologues. So it's not so straight forward.
The fact nothing has replaced IS yet doesn't fill me with confidence that something worse won't rise up, unless the underlying causes are being addressed sensibly and in a "civilised" fashion. If anything we should be taking the "IS sabbatical" to do just that. Yet here we are.
There in lies the problem, unlike Palestine where there is a ready made excuse, in Iraq and Syria there isn't one. There's simply the ideologue seeking a theocracy. How do you solve the underlying problem with that? There are people who hell bent on having a religious Caliphate and they don't answer to human Authority.

The "victors" in a war should show some compassion and understanding of the enemy's position to prevent the same happening again. I don't see any of that happening here. It's just destroy, destroy and destroy again and shame about innocent deaths. The world's "leaders" need to be better than that.

All imho, of course.
The enemies position here is that we want a Theocratic Caliphate, with or against the will of the people.

Yesterday they bombed the refugee camp.

This morning they told everyone they did so but got their target.

This afternoon they bombed it again, during the rescue attempts of the first bombing.

Yesterday they bombed the refugee camp.

This morning they told everyone they did so but got their target.

This afternoon they bombed it again, during the rescue attempts of the first bombing.
It really is fuckin despicable what they are doing, They are slaughtering innocent folk on a unimaginable scale

Well thing about it, they would have nearly 2 mil people to look after. Israel would annex Gaza and demolish what is left and most likely not let any of them back across the border. And the Egypt would have a terror group based in their country attacking Israel. Would be the last thing Egypt wants.
Yet Europe gets shit for not taking people in, many of dubious nature!

Israel's actions will ensure they can never be secure as a country. They might be trying to get rid of one enemy (that they created themselves) but they will be making many more enemies in the process. The world order changes every few decades and once America is no longer the supreme power backing up Israel, they'll be left to fend for themselves and their folk will then realise whatever they in 2023 was a mistake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.