Israel-Palestine Conflict

What were the alternatives, however ? I've sat and thought about it so many times a day , I hate what's happening, but it was predicable it was obvious from that day that Hammas did it knowing what would happen they don't care about innocent palestians being killed

I like you as a poster, you try to be fair in what must be a very difficult time for you. So I will give it a shot.

People in Hamas fall into four categories for me: the leaders in Qatar and Iran, the leaders in Gaza, the radicalised fighters in Gaza who would commit effective suicide for the cause, and the footsoldiers who rather wouldn't.

This is what I would have done IF the objective was to neutralise Hamas.

First, precision strikes on the leaders in Qatar and Iran. They have done it before.

Second, precision strikes on the leaders in Gaza whenever they put their heads out of their rabbit holes. The "decapitation" of Hamas will buy you some time to work on diplomacy before they get organised again.

Third, diplomacy towards: one, a two-state solution dependent on signing peace accords with the remaining Arab countries, and two: getting the US to do some "grown-up" diplomacy with Iran to cut-off the supply of funds and weapons to Hamas.

And what of the other two categories of fighters, you ask? The radicals will be slowly marginalised by a lack of leadership, funds and weapons, and the footsoldiers who really don't want to be martyrs will go back to their families.

Easie-peasie :)

But I don't think Netanyahu's objective is the elimination of Hamas as a threat, anyway. I suppose we will see.

I like you as a poster, you try to be fair in what must be a very difficult time for you. So I will give it a shot.

People in Hamas fall into four categories for me: the leaders in Qatar and Iran, the leaders in Gaza, the radicalised fighters in Gaza who would commit effective suicide for the cause, and the footsoldiers who rather wouldn't.

This is what I would have done IF the objective was to neutralise Hamas.

First, precision strikes on the leaders in Qatar and Iran. They have done it before.

Second, precision strikes on the leaders in Gaza whenever they put their heads out of their rabbit holes. The "decapitation" of Hamas will buy you some time to work on diplomacy before they get organised again.

Third, diplomacy towards: one, a two-state solution dependent on signing peace accords with the remaining Arab countries, and two: getting the US to do some "grown-up" diplomacy with Iran to cut-off the supply of funds and weapons to Hamas.

And what of the other two categories of fighters, you ask? The radicals will be slowly marginalised by a lack of leadership, funds and weapons, and the footsoldiers who really don't want to be martyrs will go back to their families.

Easie-peasie :)

But I don't think Netanyahu's objective is the elimination of Hamas as a threat, anyway. I suppose we will see.
Hammas were still firing missiles at Israel . There are 10s of thousands of what is now to be shown as heavily weaponissed terrorists , just leaving them to do so would be further putting the security of isreali citizens in jepody ( the single reason that the prick was elected )
It would also send out a message of weakness Israel has had to defend itself since its independence and the single thing that has protected them from more attacks its that they have shown they are not to be fucked with . Not only from Hammas but many other groups who would love to see a sign of weakness come from Israel
That takes you to the landscape. I have lots of videos and pictures that show how lots of targets should be avoided have been used to launch attacks I don't post them on here as I don't wish to add to propaganda and just wish it could all stop and move to the negotiating table that you mentioned rather than spend time trying to prove something that deep down everyone realy knows.
Without clearing the sites somewhat entering on foot would have been suicide.
And the elimination of the leaders hiding in.there penthouses will no doubt happen later, priorities are closer to home right now , as you rightly said its not like they don't have form for that.
As bad as it is, and it seems the strikes could have been even more severe, there has been an element of procision.
As for what would happen at a negotiating table, we're probably very close to the outcomes we would wish for.
1 innocent palestian life is too much for me but again I point that they are of less 0 value to hammas ans Iran etc

Hammas were still firing missiles at Israel . There are 10s of thousands of what is now to be shown as heavily weaponissed terrorists , just leaving them to do so would be further putting the security of isreali citizens in jepody ( the single reason that the prick was elected )
It would also send out a message of weakness Israel has had to defend itself since its independence and the single thing that has protected them from more attacks its that they have shown they are not to be fucked with . Not only from Hammas but many other groups who would love to see a sign of weakness come from Israel
That takes you to the landscape. I have lots of videos and pictures that show how lots of targets should be avoided have been used to launch attacks I don't post them on here as I don't wish to add to propaganda and just wish it could all stop and move to the negotiating table that you mentioned rather than spend time trying to prove something that deep down everyone realy knows.
Without clearing the sites somewhat entering on foot would have been suicide.
And the elimination of the leaders hiding in.there penthouses will no doubt happen later, priorities are closer to home right now , as you rightly said its not like they don't have form for that.
As bad as it is, and it seems the strikes could have been even more severe, there has been an element of procision.
As for what would happen at a negotiating table, we're probably very close to the outcomes we would wish for.
1 innocent palestian life is too much for me but again I point that they are of less 0 value to hammas ans Iran etc

I suppose that is where we differ. I don't think you are strong by using overwhelming force disproportionately. You are weak. You are strong by taking bold steps to solve the underlying problem, especially when you are the vastly stronger party.

Which is why, as I said, I don't think Netanyahu has any interest in finding a peaceful solution to all this. And history tells us he won't find a violent solution either.

I suppose that is where we differ. I don't think you are strong by using overwhelming force disproportionately. You are weak. You are strong by taking bold steps to solve the underlying problem, especially when you are the vastly stronger party.

Which is why, as I said, I don't think Netanyahu has any interest in finding a peaceful solution to all this. And history tells us he won't find a violent solution either.
Netanyahu needs to be and will be gone ASAP imho , but this won't be for a while with all this going on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.