Israel-Palestine Conflict

Why did Hamas start it then?
Any nation that fights a war with an arm tied behind its back is looking for to many casualties of it's own.
Hamas do seem to have got the war of annihilation they craved though.
This has been going on long before Hamas were formed but you already know that.

As an aside, are there any ex military members in here who think Israel have gone too far here and that the bombing of innocent civilians is a step too far? Seems to me that all the ex servicemen seem to think they’ve a right to do what they want and keep using war as an excuse to accept anything.

So this whole thing started on October 7th then? Very selective history...
What wonderful Whataboutary.
Well Israel certainly wouldn't have invaded if that atrocity hadn't happened. Poking a stick in a beehive really isn't a good idea.

Last edited:
Stop the indiscriminate bombing. United Nations said it perfectly. War crimes are being committed. The bombing of apartment blocks with hundreds of people in them is not proportionate. The bombing of hospitals, schools and universities is proportionate. The entire infrastructure of the country and the death of over 11,000, half of which are children cannot be justified. This isn't a war, this is a destruction of a people.
I doubt it is indiscriminate. The casualties would be much much higher if it was.

From what I've read Israel/Mosaad has heavily infiltrated Hamas and have plenty of informants on the inside, some very highly placed within the organisation. They aren't entirely reliant eavesdropping technology.
They aren't but as I understand it it was planed by Hamas "ultras" in complete secrecy and most of those who took part only got to know when the operation actually started.

You didn’t even try to answer the question.

Oh, sorry. You asked "Why did Hamas start it then?"

If by "it" you mean the conflict, they didn't, of course.

If by "it" you mean this particular phase of the conflict, I can think of many reasons, but the most likely is that Iran wanted, firstly, to give Israel a bloody nose and two, to scupper any Israel reconciliation with Arab states and lastly, to weaken the US position in the Middle East when the inevitable disproportionate response is meted out.

Job done, I would say.

What wonderful Whataboutary.
Well Israel certainly wouldn't have invaded if that atrocity hadn't happened. Poking a stick in a beehive eally isn't a good idea.
As opposed to whatnotaboutery.

Well, Hamas wouldn't have existed if...

Netanyahu wouldn't be PM if someone who thinks like him hadn't assassinated a previous PM...

Colonising someone else's land isn't really a good idea...

I doubt it is indiscriminate. The casualties would be much much higher if it was.

Medicins Sans Frontiers, had their members killed. MSN labels it as indiscriminate bombing.

41 journalists have been killed. Their respective media outlets call it indiscriminate bombing.

119 UN workers have been killed. UN calls it indiscriminate bombing, emphasizing on Gaza being a ‘graveyard for children’

So MSN, media and UN might be who you can call and correct them that they are wrong, and that their days of being on the ground are just a figment of imagination because your armchair wisdom is the only other truth

Oh, sorry. You asked "Why did Hamas start it then?"

If by "it" you mean the conflict, they didn't, of course.

If by "it" you mean this particular phase of the conflict, I can think of many reasons, but the most likely is that Iran wanted, firstly, to give Israel a bloody nose and two, to scupper any Israel reconciliation with Arab states and lastly, to weaken the US position in the Middle East when the inevitable disproportionate response is meted out.

Job done, I would say.
It really is quite simple. Israel would not be dismantling Hamas in Gaza today if Hamas had not attacked Israel on 7h Oct.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.