Israel-Palestine Conflict

This conflation of anti-Semitism with anti-Zionism isn't about protecting Jews. It is a way of isolating, shaming, and even ruining individuals who oppose the war agenda of the Israeli state. It is a way also to chill the actions of budding activists who are against racism, against apartheid, and against a logic that has brought us to the brink of a Palestinian genocide.

Similarly, to say that anti-Semitism is anti-Zionism is also a way of communicating the idea that Jews are by definition Zionists. This is dangerous and anti-Semitic, branding Jewish people as supporters of Israel's war on Gaza no matter our personal politics. Its assertion also pours gasoline on the fires of anti-Semitism by creating a savagely unfair guilt by association.

I keep on getting on bluemoon ads about Hedera HBAR coins btw, just because I do Web3 and blockchain
When I browse some foreign forums, the advertising system will detect that I come from China, and they will provide me with some human rights advertisements.
It's too scary.

Absolutely disgusting that the world leaders of the most powerful nations are not calling for a ceasefire to let the innocent people out and also to make sure the ones who stay receive all the help they can. This is not the world I want.

So you’re saying the Israeli government purposely sacrificed nearly 2000 innocent people in order to achieve their goals? Do you have any facts/ evidence that show that? Or is just conspiracy theories.

Of course it wasn’t a standard terrorist attack - whatever that’s meant to be. It doesn’t mean they could 100% have stopped it from happening. Whether that’s through mistakes or not.

You can have the most heavily armoured/ protects cities and there will still be attacks. Of course the isreali army could have done more to stop it, but the blame for me lies with the people who carried it out - Hamas

Get rid of the isreali government and Hamas and that’s a good start

I think he is saying people like Netanyahu would run the risk of an incursion if it justifies the tough response he needs either to save his own political hide, or to take another big step in his vision for the future of Israel.

No-one is saying he would have sacrificed 1400 Israelis and 200 hostages. I doubt even the most ardent Hamas fighter thought they would have been that "successful". Pretty sure most would have expected to die.

You have to admit, it's a hugely convenient crisis for Netanyahu and a hugely "complacent" or negligent reaction to a threat that had been notified to them.

Not everyone has as much faith in humans, especially religious ideologues as you do, I suppose. You can't really be surprised people see a few dots and join them together.

Geopolitically the West is doing itself no favours, this mass slaughter is being played out in front of the world with blessings from Western Governments, we are effectively driving countries into the Arms of China, Iran and Russia just at a time we should be strengthening our relationships

But all is not lost if they can some how force the Israelis back to the table to negotiate a realistic deal, but by the looks of it unfortunately a collective blood lust seems to have overcome them, they need friends to advise them, a green light is never a good thing to give them, as the Americans are finding out, although I still note the $14 billion dollars had not arrived yet so perhaps it’s carrot and stick

All true, apart from the funding point, imo. No-one will be withholding funding from Israel in the run up to an election. They will get their money in return for some minor compromises.

Chapeau Macron

Macron calls on Israel to stop killing Gaza's women and babies https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-67356581

Better late than never.

But then the veto against ceasefire passed by the other guy who claimed he has seen photos of terrorists beheading babies (now his claims debunked and his office correcting the claim), will again be vetoed the second time, regardless of Macron himself holding veto power.

Veto vs Veto who will prevail above others…

Hamas made a big mistake attacking Israel as it did.
It would appear that City/Urban fighting is NOT bogging down the IDF in an urban street fighting blood bath that most military analysts expected as the IDF is rapidly clearing northern areas of Hamas fighters with limited IDF casualties.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.