Israel-Palestine Conflict

Did you know Hamas are a proscribed terrorist organisation dedicated to Jihad and wiping Israel off the face of the map and murdering all Jews in Israel in the process?
I only ask because the way some of you trot out platitudes, you'd think they were an organisation dedicated to peace and love.
Yes they are. I wouldn’t even imagine that the ordinary Palestinian people are overly fond of them but there are some in the country, probably a growing number, that may see them as defenders.

I don’t wish to upset my Northern friends in here but you’d want to see the original charter of the Orange Order set up in 1795 by the Peep O Day Boys, after the battle of the Diamond which was the culmination of sectarian battles with the Catholic Defenders.
The Orange Order charter was remarkably similar in intent to that of the current Hammas.
They basically wanted to eliminate all Catholics from East Ulster.
To Hell or to Connacht. King Billy’s mantra was enacted and the town of Louisburg was built for refugee weavers by the 3rd earl of Altmount in co. Mayo. As far west as you can go.

Right enough history.
The point being, yes Hammas are every bit as extreme and are seen as terrorists but history may well judge them differently in a hundred years depending on who wins, ultimately.
The Orange Order are still around banging their drums and perpetuating a kind of sectarianism that I would feel the majority of NI have no time for, but they are a respectable organisation.

Who’s to say Hammas who now have a mantra of Jewish extermination, won’t be a respectable organisation in the eyes of the world in 50 years?

One man’s terrorist is another’s freedom fighter after all.

As I said the casualties would be much higher if Israel had attacked indiscriminately. It is a simple statement.
Now I also disagree with their tactics but it doesn't make my statement incorrect.
BTW, Multiply by 10, 20 or more if they were being indiscriminate.
True, it is a simple statement.

Or, it would only be higher if they'd indiscriminately more bombs.

Knowing they have the capability is one thing knowing when they'll use it is quite another.
The British army train on Salisbury Plain and the North Yorkhire Moors on HOW to fight but only some people will know when it WILL be used and under WHAT circumstances.
But if they regard them as a terrorist organisation and they see them training in plain sight, would it not be simpler to take them out with a precise strike while they’re out in the open?
I mean I’m no military strategist, but I think this might have worked.
It could have been a success.

Reports on the internet claim that the Israeli media have accepted that there is no evidence of sexual assault committed against the victims of the 7th October massacre. Lack of evidence is no guarantee that sexual attacks did not happen.

You lot need a dose of reality.
Political correction indoctrination and mass online pile ons don't work with me I'm afraid.
Though it does amuse me that you keep trying.
I was just reading the exchanges. There's no indoctrination here, just your posts don't seem too realistic. Look, this land has been fought over for years. When the UN partitioned Palestine in 1948 the Israeli's took full advantage displacing 700,000 Palestinians and then welcoming 850,000 Jewish Arabs. Not going to sit well is it? And you wonder why there is an uprising.

Hamas shooting at Palestinian civilians trying to move to southern Gaza. Israeli forces bombing patients and healthcare workers. Madness!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.