Israel-Palestine Conflict

Because I care what Nadhim Zahawi thinks.

It does show support for a terrorist organisation if said terrorist organisation uses it to mean the eradication of an entire nation and civilisation. If you use it, i'm going to judge you to be a person of shitty character. Simple as that. Its not illegal to be a ****, but you're still a **** for saying it.
So if Hamas start singing Blue Moon ?
They have taken a 75 year old (at least) saying on board and it suddenly becomes a criminal offence !
I have posted earlier why I personally use that phrase, it has nothing to do with the destruction of Israel, it is to highlight the stupidity of governments making sweeping statements.
What is the difference between Palestinians wanting all of the land and Israel taking it by force?
Judge me how you want. It is sad that people who support Israel have to hate everyone else. All I want is peace.

Last edited:
They have taken a 75 year old (at least) saying on board and it suddenly becomes a criminal offence !
I have posted earlier why I personally use that phrase, it has nothing to do with the destruction of Israel, it is to highlight the stupidity of governments making sweeping statements.
What is the difference between Palestinians wanting all of the land and Israel taking it by force?
Judge me how you want. It is said that people who support Israel have to hate everyone else. All I want is peace.
That's a dumb, dumb reasoning.

That's a dumb, dumb reasoning.
All of it ?
About my point that a government minister makes official statements that are so stupid, so unworkable, so impractical, but is now likely to be used by someone who makes a complaint to the police and who are duty bound to investigate it.
Or my point that what Israel is doing seems to be exactly what the Palestinians want so there will never be peace.

Judge me how you want. It is sad that people who support Israel have to hate everyone else. All I want is peace.
That phrase has everything to do with the destruction of Israel and always has. There are mealy mouthed people who say otherwise but it's like saying it's ok to say "p**i" because originally it was an acceptable abbreviation of Pakistani. In this case the phrase has never meant anything different. I don't agree with making it illegal but it should be seen for what it is - a call for a Palestinian state between the River Jordan and the Mediterranean Sea to replace what is there now.

All of it ?
About my point that a government minister makes official statements that are so stupid, so unworkable, so impractical, but is now likely to be used by someone who makes a complaint to the police and who are duty bound to investigate it.
Or my point that what Israel is doing seems to be exactly what the Palestinians want so there will never be peace.
The reasoning you're using a phrase that some consider offensive to an entire group of people purely because you disagree with a government ministers opinion of said phrase and their decision to cite it as an offensive phrase.

This is the hill you want to die on? Your 'right' to use a phrase others find offensive but you personally don't?

Last edited:
What I would say is that one common denominator in the world's mess is us.
The govt. After the first World War lied to the Palestinians.
After the second World War they lied to the Burmese govt, (who are now committing genocide on an unbelievable scale - and again nothing really said)
We decided which 'Arabs' could live where and who would rule that area - and we are still doing it- Syria, Iraq, etc.
Between us and the U.S. we haven't half fucked this world up.

All the benefits of a public school education, the ability to reach conclusions with absolute certainty and be sure of yourself despite being very ignorant of the specific subject and knowing fuck all.

Adam Curtis explores this in his latest documentary, the English upper classes superimposed their own ideas of "folkism" borrowed from English rural life onto a tribal society in Iraq after it became our protectorate after the first World War.

They had run out of cash, so couldn't carry out the huge work of surveying the landscape and learning about the cultural and social dynamics in depth.

Last edited:
The reasoning you're using a phrase that some consider offensive to an entire group of people purely because you disagree with a government ministers opinion of said phrase and their decision to cite it as an offensive phrase.

This is the hill you want to die on? Your 'right' to use a phrase others find offensive but you personally don't?
I accept a lot of that as I do not intend to cause offence to any person on here or in real life.
What I object to is this joke of a govt. minister basically banning free speech.
As it genuinely causes offence I will remove it.
What I will ask everyone who supports Israel, why do 'we' allow Israel to continue to illegally expand there state forcing innocent people out of their homes. What Israel is doing is what you are objecting to with the Palestinians aims.

@Blue Mist - can you explain what you think it means when people chant 'From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free'. Have you ever been to Israel?

All the benefits of a public school education, the ability to reach conclusions with absolute certainty and be sure of yourself despite being very ignorant of the specific subject and knowing fuck all.

Adam Curtis explores this in latest documentary, the English upper classes superimposed their own ideas of "folkism" borrowed from English rural life onto a tribal society in Iraq after it became our protectorate after the first World War.

They had run out of cash, so couldn't carry out the huge work of surveying the landscape and learning about the cultural and social dynamics in depth.
I wish I understood your post !
We lied to Burma we lied to the Palestinians, in fact Jews also say they were lied to by the British. We, with others carved up the Middle East.
Us and the US are still trying to dictate who runs countries we don't like.
Your middle paragraph is just weird.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.