Israel-Palestine Conflict

I think they just want freedom tbh.
Good for them and I hope there's a resolution that facilitates this. However, having groups represent you that want to see every member of a certain race wiped off the face of the earth isn't the way I'm afraid.

He said the uk would provide TEN MILLION POUNDS IN AID TO PALESTINIANS. Derisory and about as much as one of Mrs Sunaks tax residency dodges

$Billions of aid has gone in over the years and it either paid for arms or ended up in the bank accounts of the Hamas leadership who are all billionaires living the life in Qatar or Turkey.

Whose fault is that

Bravo Matt Carthy:

I have extensively researched this matter. Hard to find some conclusion to be honest. In truth I would be pro-Palestinian, other than their recent actions. The UN have have passed many bits of legislation which the Israeli's disagree with as non legally binding.Various Charters and Resolutions could be argued. What I found interesting was the fact some Israeli's refer to the League of Nations 1922 resolution, universally accepted as law, as their basis for a right to all the land. The subsequent wars and discussions are open to debate.
So you can take a legal ground or a moral ground. The moral ground personally is that Palestinians have been treated abysmally.The last elections which voted Hamas into power was 2006.Nil since.I do wonder if people in Gaza feel the same now as 2006.Probably do, as they have been treated like dirt. Water, power,ports all controlled by Israel. It then becomes hard not support the radicals. I see no answer in the short term. Frankly they seem as bad as each other.The one obvious answer which I read recently,which Israel will never accept is to stop these borders,of Gaza and the West Bank.Be one nation and allow voting under some neutral party,UN?? Live together in peace democratically.

Are we offering to take palestine people in like we did ukranians ? If not why not
Are we offering to take in Israeli Jews that have had enough as well? If not why not? Israel faces a demographic crisis. I'm not opposed to hearing arguments why we would couldn't or shouldn't offer some sort of path to citizenship for both Palestinians and Jews who have had it with the never-ending conflict. I don't know, I just hate seeing what we are seeing. I have no ideas how to solve this mess but both sides seem to want to pose an existential threat to the other.

Anyway, here is a very interesting article from earlier in the year from the New Yorker talking about Netanyahu and fractures in Israeli Jewish society.

Have fun finding anything in the Qur'an that gives Muslims a promise to the land. The Palestinians (Muslim and Christian) just happened to have been there a long time when Zionists started moving there. It was indeed Britain that made promises to both groups.
Another one peddling the myth that all the "Zionists" (I think you mean Jews) descended on this peaceful Arab territory and proceeded to drive them all out.

The "Zionists" were there well over a thousand years before Muhammad and Islam came into being. The destruction of the Second Temple, which was the culmination of a war between the Jews and the Romans, took place in 79AD. Islam is believed to have been founded around 600AD.

Maths and history clearly not your strong points.

…..regularly bombs and kills them in retaliation of Hamas atttacks and then Hamas parks the entirety of its infrastructure inside Palestinian civilian infrastructure (schools, hospitals, residential buildings etc etc).

Do you think that if Hamas didn’t do that, Israel would be attacking the civilian populace?
There is no Hamas in the West Bank.
Israel regularly kills Palestinians in the West Bank and it's not just the security forces. The settlers regularly kill Palestinians, whose murders are subsequently never investigated nor anyone charged or punished yet as soon as there is retaliation for these atrocities it becomes world news

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.