Istanbul CL Final chaos | City Matters statement (p 133)

What a fucking shambles. I almost feel sympathy for Liverpool fans after that. 4 of us managed to get a taxi to Sabiha Gocken after walking to the main road out. Negotiated €150 for the trip. Probably couldn't done it for 100 but couldn't be arsed arguing any more.

Nightmare of a trip....ended up walking on my own through a sort of gypsy site...one lad was ok another was straight into my bag theiving my beer, trying to get in my pockets. After paying the decent lad 50tl a moped turned up to take me up the mountain side dirt track upto the ground. Stopped half way wanting more money, told him I will when we get to the top.
Pretty dodgy really but no major issues.

After the game was a total different story of an absolute cluster fuck of a trip back to the centre. We all know the story's and I'm just glad I didn't take my 8 year old lad.

It’s no coincidence that inter Milan fans were given beskitas as a hub ( a much nicer part of Istanbul) given the metro to travel on whilst city fans got the backstreets of yenikapi ( that made cheetham hill look good ) and shuttle buses in the heat that crawled around the city in horrendous traffic !!

Is there a Youtube stream/official Manchester City channel/twitter streaming or whatever from internet(as I live in Greece and can't see your UK channels) gonna show the parade today?
I want to see it!!

Crutches might have been a giveaway, someone on crutches wouldn’t have to ask me, or my kids to be fair to them, we’d just have done it, each to their own I guess
Oh definitely in normal circumstances but actually most people were knackered (we'd been awake for 20hrs at that point) and possibly not aware of what was going on and also trying to stick together as a group.

Yeah mate. Row 10 in block 326.

Bloke was happy and smiling once he regained consciousness and luckily enjoyed the 2nd half.

Anyone involved with supporter safety just wasn't bothered at all and that situation could have ended up a lot worse due to that.
Great news he’s ok. Saw them bumping him up the steps on his way out.

Loads of us round me were baffled why they were doing fuck all. Was obvious someone was in a bad way.

Is there a Youtube stream/official Manchester City channel/twitter streaming or whatever from internet(as I live in Greece and can't see your UK channels) gonna show the parade today?
I want to see it!!

Go on the club website. It will be on there.

Yeah mate. Row 10 in block 326.

Bloke was happy and smiling once he regained consciousness and luckily enjoyed the 2nd half.

Anyone involved with supporter safety just wasn't bothered at all and that situation could have ended up a lot worse due to that.
Glad the guy was okay- looked serious at one point

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.