Istanbul CL Final chaos | City Matters statement (p 133)

It was shocking mate, we walked through the corporate vehicle park (by mistake), there were English Speaking Staff directing and helping all the corporate’s onto their luxury vehicles, I believe they were given priority getting out of the Stadium park. All the coaches, buses and cars clearly identified. Then as you say non corporate elderly and disabled fans out massively at risk with the shambles that occurred, like you I’m surprised no one was severely injured or even killed, absolute disgrace. I’m not complaining for the sake of it, we had a great but exhausting trip and met many brilliant blues. Big shout to the Inter fans, without theirs and ours impeccable behaviour around the ground in a poorly lit perimeter it could have led to absolute carnage, imagine if we’d played Napoli or God forbid the Rags or Dippers?

Someone on here will tell you that you that you should just stop moaning as if fear of injury or death isn't a concern.

Inclusivity is just a buzzword it seems :)

We ended up liberating a UEFA steward of their own water when they weren’t looking, I’m sure they wouldn’t struggle for a refill. Almost kicked out at half time for asking stewards how to get water…ok maybe it was a bit more forthright than asking haha

Agree but don’t be under any illusions, the train fares and hotels in London next year will be financially eye watering.
I've been to enough evening games in London to know I can drive there and back to Manchester without needing a hotel. It would be good for a drink or two but I'll survive.

Questions need to be asked and action taken, but I won't hold my breath. How UEFA can get away with this is disgraceful. I feel for that poor lad. The conditions for people in wheelchairs, the elderly and frail and young children were nothing short of criminal neglect. Thankfully there were no emergencies or crowd trouble, but if there had been, it would have been life threatening. It should bring shame on UEFA, but it won't! As long as it looks good for the television and their favoured dignitaries get the VIP treatment, we don't matter. Never have, never will!
As I’ve just posted below it was a testament to the behaviour of both City and Inter fans, outstanding in the face of such adversity. I really do doff my cap to the Inter fans after the match, on the wrong end of a result they were impeccable. I wish them all the best for the future (apart from when they play us of course).

They designate a ground above 60k. If they ever play it in Istanbul again they must use Galatasaray which is 57k otherwise they will prove they don't give a shit. The fanparks were awful. Luckily we got the metro both ways.
I think they set the minimum for CL finals as 60k.

I've been to enough evening games in London to know I can drive there and back to Manchester without needing a hotel. It would be good for a drink or two but I'll survive.

Can myself and @hammocity get a lift back mate? We'd have been on fruitshoots and quavers for a week by then.

Questions need to be asked and action taken, but I won't hold my breath. How UEFA can get away with this is disgraceful. I feel for that poor lad. The conditions for people in wheelchairs, the elderly and frail and young children were nothing short of criminal neglect. Thankfully there were no emergencies or crowd trouble, but if there had been, it would have been life threatening. It should bring shame on UEFA, but it won't! As long as it looks good for the television and their favoured dignitaries get the VIP treatment, we don't matter. Never have, never will!
UEFA are usually judge and jury on these matters unless the feral mob down the road are involved.
They can hide behind a "most grounds are different so it couldn't be anticipated" excuse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.