Istanbul CL Final chaos | City Matters statement (p 133)

Nobody was taking photos because we were all in fear of phones going flat and not being able to access tickets. Afterwards, the chaos was so extreme, my thoughts were firmly on getting myself and missus to safety. With hindsight, perhaps I should have started wandering round, shining my phone light into the faces of City fans, blinding and disorientating them further, as I recorded the carnage for my Tik-Tok feed...

My focus now includes City.

Management executives must have been to the ground and its surroundings weeks before the final and probably before UEFA agreed the travel arrangements.

Presumably, the club was aware of them and agreed with them.

Who were these executives, when were they aware of UEFAs plans, what were the critical path time lines,
did they physically walk the dangerous ground ground & understand one way in and out ?

If, as should've been the case, the answer to the a ove is affirmative, the said executives and the club should be held to public account.

If the answer is NO the club is guilty of dereliction of duty and duty of care and an open enquiry should be held.

This dangerous episode must not whither on the vine !!

This was so predictable. Lying bastards.

Turns out you were right to be concerned. And @StevieAsk had it bang on - that’s exactly what happened to us when we got a taxi to the ground on Saturday upon seeing the queue for the shuttle buses. Had to be dropped off on the hard shoulder to walk the rest of the way.

Afterwards, knowing how bad it was getting the shuttle buses to the stadium, we fucked them off and got the Metro instead. Sure, it was a couple of changes but the main leg of the trip turned out to be a dedicated journey that missed out a dozen or so stops. We were back in Taksim Square scoffing a kebab at around 2am. To say we got off lightly is an understatement.

Realistically what is anyone going to do? The next two are in London and Munich. Both grounds regularly hold big events and there will be no issues. The damage was done when the Atarturk was chosen. Once we were in UEFA hands I knew it would be an ordeal. The queueing, the useless drivers, the lack of water, the traffic, the car park, the walk to the ground, no beer after 7pm, the walk back in the dark with no lighting, the car park fiasco, the bus fiasco could have all been avoided but thats how UEFA organised it. They don't care about fans.

My focus now includes City.

Management executives must have been to the ground and its surroundings weeks before the final and probably before UEFA agreed the travel arrangements.

Presumably, the club was aware of them and agreed with them.

Who were these executives, when were they aware of UEFAs plans, what were the critical path time lines,
did they physically walk the dangerous ground ground & understand one way in and out ?

If, as should've been the case, the answer to the a ove is affirmative, the said executives and the club should be held to public account.

If the answer is NO the club is guilty of dereliction of duty and duty of care and an open enquiry should be held.

This dangerous episode must not whither on the vine !!
Ask them and for their report on it. Freedom of information act should give access to that.
Not sure why there were taxi’s in that car park at all. Surely there should just have been coaches. That pic gives an idea but actually doesn’t reflect just how bad it was! Shame no one has a pic of the thousands of fans walking down the hill and of lads trying to cross that road with cars flying past. It was like a real life game of Frogger!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.