Istanbul CL Final chaos | City Matters statement (p 133)

As we witnessed in Paris,had this been the Dippers they would have bent over backwards to appease....an apology which amounts to nothing more than 'we could have done better' would have been met with the usual outrage and victimisation claims.

As we witnessed in Paris,had this been the Dippers they would have bent over backwards to appease....an apology which amounts to nothing more than 'we could have done better' would have been met with the usual outrage and victimisation claims.
Also the press would have been all over it, not a peep because it is us involved.

Full credit to the way City and Inter fans behave and tried to deal with the shuttle bus chaos.
If this had been the dippers there would have been violence again and no doubt the press/media would have supported their behaviour.

It's a sad state of affairs that well behaved fans arent treated as well as bad behaved fans.

I sometimes think the worst you behave the more the authorities give into you, instead of calling it out. Thankfully City and Inter didnt behave like dippers and both clubs should be proud of that

Full credit to the way City and Inter fans behave and tried to deal with the shuttle bus chaos.
If this had been the dippers there would have been violence again and no doubt the press/media would have supported their behaviour.

It's a sad state of affairs that well behaved fans arent treated as well as bad behaved fans.

I sometimes think the worst you behave the more the authorities give into you, instead of calling it out. Thankfully City and Inter didnt behave like dippers and both clubs should be proud of that

Same applies to most aspects of life these days.

Act like a ****,take no responsibility,and get away with being spoon fed.

If only it was more widely known he would be there........
Was no doubt chauffer driven from his hotel to Urbis....

Surely not? Ceferin would have got one of the shuttle buses from Taksim or Yenikapi. That's how he knew it was "less than perfect".

Surely not? Ceferin would have got one of the shuttle buses from Taksim or Yenikapi. That's how he knew it was "less than perfect".

The 'not everything was perfect' quote has been baffling me also.

Which parts were 'perfect' exactly?.....The size of the wedge in the brown envelopes aside.

Not quite, I was running late and decided to use the Metro, while walking towards the stop I bumped into 2 ladies who were a bit lost, told them to stick with me, even though I had no idea where I was going. One of them was 70s, the other 86 and with a walking stick, what intrepid ladies they were. The younger of the 2 became the only person I've ever met who was in Vienna for ECWC Final, very impressive.
Long story but, after 5 different Metros, no seats available on any of them, we did get to the ground ok.
Another long story but somehow they found me again after the game and it was 5am when I eventually delivered them to their hotel in Taksim. That first pint after I left them tasted like nectar but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Yes we were ripped off by the stadium, bent police collecting fag packets in a carrier bag, the catering, the taxi drivers et al but it was still the best trip I've ever been on.
You went above and beyond there, brilliant what you did for those 2 elderly fans, top man.

Champions League: Istanbul final not 'perfect' for fans - Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin​

However, at the opening of the four-day European Football Fans Congress in Manchester, Ceferin accepted problems had arisen in Turkey that needed to be addressed.

"Given what some of you experienced recently, I would understand if I got a cold reception tonight," he said.

"We are well aware that in Istanbul not everything was perfect. I am certainly not playing down the problems encountered by some.

"But let us continue working together to improve what can we improve.

"I'm thinking in particular transport links to and from stadium, the hosting of the stadium supporters and access to water and toilets for everyone."

Football Supporters Europe is collecting fan accounts from Istanbul to present a report to Uefa.

View attachment 84239

So UEFA think that little of fans, that they’ve only just realised that fans will need water & toilets

What a fucking weapon

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.