Istanbul | Taksim Square

Landed at 5pm at IST spent about an hour taxxing then another hour in traffic getting to our hotel in Fatih. Had a wander couldn't find a single bar finished up eventually through desperation at the Hilton 11 euros for a bottle of becks!!

Things can only improve tomorrow!!

Be careful blues around Taksim sq - just been totally ripped off by one of the restaurants… Taksim Maydan Cafe, round the corner from Dubliners bar - it’s a Shisha pipe joint and the food looked good as we passed.

To be fair the food was very nice but when the bill came it was 2X what it should have been. Charged £8.50 for a bottle of Corona which the supermarket opposite is selling for £1.50. Feel stupid as Tripadvisor reviews have called this out, however I was tired and didn’t check before going in and ordering

Guys, I’ve liked the following places to eat not far from Taksim yesterday:

1. Yuri Gagarin
2. Çiçek pasajı

The link below is for the latter

Look into the menu prices in advance and have one more or less sober person in the end to verify the bill

It was bouncing last night
Absolutely brilliant
The Turks have realised it will be the city fans who will be spending the money in the bars so it’s city flags everywhere

Just be wary of a couple of undesirable locals minesweeping beer off the tables

It was bouncing last night
Absolutely brilliant
The Turks have realised it will be the city fans who will be spending the money in the bars so it’s city flags everywhere

Just be wary of a couple of undesirable locals minesweeping beer off the tables
If someone is trampy enough to minesweep my half drank pint, good luck to ‘em.

Hope they don’t mind floaters and spit backs :)

Be careful blues around Taksim sq - just been totally ripped off by one of the restaurants… Taksim Maydan Cafe, round the corner from Dubliners bar - it’s a Shisha pipe joint and the food looked good as we passed.

To be fair the food was very nice but when the bill came it was 2X what it should have been. Charged £8.50 for a bottle of Corona which the supermarket opposite is selling for £1.50. Feel stupid as Tripadvisor reviews have called this out, however I was tired and didn’t check before going in and ordering
Take a photo of the menu and kick off if needs be. The last thing they want is somebody making a scene when City = customers.

I’ve had similar in London’s West End where they added four dishes on for a table of six of us.

Landed at 5pm at IST spent about an hour taxxing then another hour in traffic getting to our hotel in Fatih. Had a wander couldn't find a single bar finished up eventually through desperation at the Hilton 11 euros for a bottle of becks!!

Things can only improve tomorrow!!

Sounds like you were in the wrong/quiet area.

Get yourself down to Nevizade Street where it was busy last night & will be packed tonight.

Although it seems the area is across the bridge from where you seem to be staying.

Guys, I’ve liked the following places to eat not far from Taksim yesterday:

1. Yuri Gagarin
2. Çiçek pasajı

The link below is for the latter

Look into the menu prices in advance and have one more or less sober person in the end to verify the bill
I've heard that Yuri gagarin is out of this world......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.