It’s raining!

1962/1963 was the worst in 200 years.
A blizzard on Boxing Day left most of the country covered in snow that lasted until early March.

I ruined a pair of red lined winkle pickers walking to and from school!
Remember that you did go, though, schools stayed open. Today mummies wouldn't risk letting Timmy & Tamsin out in the ice and snow.

Remember that you did go, though, schools stayed open. Today mummies wouldn't risk letting Timmy & Tamsin out in the ice and snow.

it was secondary school, and I remember regularly being sent home at lunchtime in the smogs because there were no buses running and we had to walk miles home.

1962/1963 was the worst in 200 years.
A blizzard on Boxing Day left most of the country covered in snow that lasted until early March.

I ruined a pair of red lined winkle pickers walking to and from school!
remember it well, the snow turned to ice and everything green like grass and bushes became grey, Platt Fields lake and all the canals (bar the MSC) were frozen solid,
trucks stranded all over with frozen diesel tanks. Having said that my parents reckon 1947 was more disruptive due to the depth of the snow-drifts that blocked main roads and trapped people in their houses, needed the military to dig out towns and villages on the higher grounds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.