It’s time to banish the miserable gits

I've used this anecdote a couple of times, but I once sat behind someone who slagged David Silva off for the whole game and sarcastically applauded when he was subbed off. He didn't have a bad game, just hated David Silva, of all people. We won the game, he was involved in one of our goals.

There are some City fans, and I suspect some football fans, who don't know how to engage with their team outside of negativity and hostility. Plenty on here. That isn't to say we should never be critical, but there are some that don't know how to support team outside of being absolute bell ends. Dunno if the 90s broke their brains or whatever.
"That Nelly Young, useless, not a patch on Doherty. "

Maybe they should have a moaning old git section instead of a singing section. Everyone else can sing and have a good time and they can moan at other moaners and keep themselves happy/miserable.

I used to sit in front of one at Maine Road and actually moved my season ticket away from what they'd suggested so I could get away from him.
Can't stand the moaning young gits myself. Difference being that they moan into their phones.

Ask the club to create a MOG section at the Etihad. Top corner of a stand should do it.

Being a paid up FOC member of the WWHWWWS fanbase my pessimism is difficult to shake off. I know how lucky I am to see players that are the best in Europe, possibly the world but still expect the spectre of the old city to reappear at some point.

They might even start their own chants that way.

"You're shit and you know you are" and so on.

Let's face it; a section set aside purely for FOCs would probably be a lot louder than the bloody half-hearted bunch we have 'singing' nowadays.

"Who said City couldn't play, City couldn't play, City couldn't play... Fuckin hell Bacuzzi, you useless bugger... Who said City couldn't play..."

First thing I'd stop is that bloody dirge 'Blue Moon'. Get back to a nice bit of Herb Alpert and his Tijuana Brass.

There used to be a fellow who sat behind us in the North stand circa 1974 block P who literally foamed at the mouth if we conceded a goal,slagging Tony Book off,think he was from Macclesfield area,very stange he was,I was 12 years old and was fascinated by his behaviour.

I used to love a good moan when we were shit, no point now though because we are one of the best teams in the world (& I still cant quite believe it)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.