It’s time to banish the miserable gits

I’m happy to be shot down on this. There are plenty of folk who think that paying their entrance fee gives them the right to say anything during the match - but there has to be a limit.
The miserable old git behind me at Palace spent 90 minutes slagging off the whole team and style of play. Not a positive word came out of his mouth. He did not join in with the chants that can motivate the players.
Others around me shrugged their shoulders and bit their lip but, like me, said nothing to him. A bit like the way racists used to be tolerated, but not called out.
We should unite against the miserable gits, tell them to change or bugger off to somewhere where they have every reason to be miserable- the swamp perhaps.
Then replace them with appreciative vocal fans who can raise the collective mood, even on days when things don’t go so well.
Same could be said of this forum at times though, I've often come along hoping to join in a happy, confident pre-match chat (or post-match, even when we've won) and signed out again just as quickly because all I see is people slagging the team off time and time again. Sometimes I have to look at the league table just to check we're still top and not bottom.

Often wonder where some of those people were 20 years or so ago...

I’m happy to be shot down on this. There are plenty of folk who think that paying their entrance fee gives them the right to say anything during the match - but there has to be a limit.
The miserable old git behind me at Palace spent 90 minutes slagging off the whole team and style of play. Not a positive word came out of his mouth. He did not join in with the chants that can motivate the players.
Others around me shrugged their shoulders and bit their lip but, like me, said nothing to him. A bit like the way racists used to be tolerated, but not called out.
We should unite against the miserable gits, tell them to change or bugger off to somewhere where they have every reason to be miserable- the swamp perhaps.
Then replace them with appreciative vocal fans who can raise the collective mood, even on days when things don’t go so well.
Maybe they should have a moaning old git section instead of a singing section. Everyone else can sing and have a good time and they can moan at other moaners and keep themselves happy/miserable.

I used to sit in front of one at Maine Road and actually moved my season ticket away from what they'd suggested so I could get away from him.

I hate those films, that doesn't happen in the fucking book :(
Either way, I think that reference is apt.

I was considering timestamping it to show the whole of his "Everything is going wrong, there's no hope", despair speech but it would have probably been too long.

"My line has ended." - City moaner equivalent: The season is over.

Pippin: "He's alive" - Optimistic City fan: We are still top of the league and it's still in our hands.

*carries on pretending not to hear him*

"The house of Stewards has failed." -
City moaner equivalent: Pep is a failure and we'll never win the CL with him.

Pippin again: "He needs medicine my lord!" - Optimistic City fan: He's the best manager in the world bar none, City's most successful manager and City have the best chance of winning it with him.

*ignores again*

"My line has ended!" -
City moaner equivalent: Season's over...

"Rohan has deserted us." - City moaner equivalent: Foden didn't turn up, he's gone shit.

"Théoden has betrayed me." - City moaner equivalent: Grealish was a waste of money, he'll never make it... Txiki's fault.

... *Fully loses it*

"Abandon your posts! Flee! Flee for you lives!" - City moaner equivalent: Lets all just give the title race up now. Liverpool will win more than us, I've seen it in my crystal ball. Mass walk out next game, with "Pep out" banners. That'll help! Who's with me?

Last edited:
I've used this anecdote a couple of times, but I once sat behind someone who slagged David Silva off for the whole game and sarcastically applauded when he was subbed off. He didn't have a bad game, just hated David Silva, of all people. We won the game, he was involved in one of our goals.

There are some City fans, and I suspect some football fans, who don't know how to engage with their team outside of negativity and hostility. Plenty on here. That isn't to say we should never be critical, but there are some that don't know how to support team outside of being absolute bell ends. Dunno if the 90s broke their brains or whatever.

Maybe they should have a moaning old git section instead of a singing section. Everyone else can sing and have a good time and they can moan at other moaners and keep themselves happy/miserable.

I used to sit in front of one at Maine Road and actually moved my season ticket away from what they'd suggested so I could get away from him.
They might even start their own chants that way.

"You're shit and you know you are" and so on.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say we were poor, a few inches either way when we hit the post it would have been a comfortable win.
Missing sitters could be described as poor finishing, but for me the overall performance was decent.
Sometimes you just need a No.9.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.