It appears to me

BillyShears said:
So you think we can go from relegation fodder to title contenders in three years?

Yes, if we bring in the right manager and buy the right players in the right places.

Relegation fodder? As far as I can see Sven built the foundation which Hughes has now, finally, sustained. So in 3 years time that will be 5 years of progression if everything goes to plan. Yes we should be challenging at the top by then if we spend the hundreds of millions we're expected to. Otherwise we might as well just kept Wardle and be content with nothing.

Hughes cannot win us a league title and that is why he should go.

BobKowalski said:
BillyShears said:
So you think we can go from relegation fodder to title contenders in three years?

Yes. With the financial backing of ADUG and the right people in charge I do believe we are capable of challenging for the title in three years. And by challenging I mean really challenging and not making a token appearence in the top 4 during the course of the season. I have said consistantly that it is a mindset and a question of belief. I am seriously desperate for someone to instill this mindset in the club. Finishing 7th this year is fine but it is means absolutley nothing unless we can carry on and convert that to a solid top 4 position next year and so on. Our willingness to accept modest achievements and our fear of becoming somehow 'arrogant' by 'expecting to win every game' drives me insane.

I want the best players, the best manager and the best team and I want to win the top prizes in football. I want a club steeped in a desire and belief that we will win the next game and every game. I want us to set records of unbeaten at home for seasons at a time or not conceding a goal for like ever or going through a season unbeaten. I mean think about it. Not losing a f**king game all season. this things are possible if you believe they are possible and by aiming for that goal you may hit a target where you only lose 5 gaes a season. then only 4 and then 3.

Do you know what the overrding ambition of most City fans on here seems to be? To have some stability. And maybe a good cup run. Well whoopef**kingdo. Thats given me a stiffy with excitement. I just hope and pray ADUG have a tad more ambition - well ok they bid for Kaka so I know they do so listen up. ADUG will want top 4 next season and the summer will be about preparing the club and the team for that goal. I for one cannot wait to see how they go about this. And if by some quirk of fate they decide that they will not go for marquee names and but settle for solid and ultimately modest success then I will be very disappointed but hey its City so anything can happen :)

Oh and this is not aimed at you Billy I just used your comment as a launchpad...

Quality post mate,waited years for us to be in a position where we can challenge for silverware,and i don't want us to fck it up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.