IT departments

TGR said:
Damocles said:
TGR said:
Exactly this!
They study for 5 years to get a university degree in IT and the only thing they ever tell you is to do that.
They generally never have any other ideas or clues on how to fix the problem you have.

This is because it's the simplest thing to try, that any user can do, and fixes 99% of all problems. It gets you back to what you were doing quicker than any other solution.

So what do they do for the other 4 years & 364 days of study?
As they only have 1% of all total problems to solve it can't really be that much - or can it?

Play WoW :-D

quiet_riot said:
TGR said:
Damocles said:
This is because it's the simplest thing to try, that any user can do, and fixes 99% of all problems. It gets you back to what you were doing quicker than any other solution.

As they only have 1% of all total problems to solve it can't really be that much - or can it?

Yep, because when people aren't phoning us with 'problems', we sit on our arses and definitely don't do housekeeping, server optimisation, etc etc.

So go on - tell us....
Just what the fuck do you do?!!!

:-)

Gelsons Dad said:
You are supposed to be enablers, enhancing the productivity of the core business. You are not supposed to restrict, control or inhibit production.

Go fuck yourselves!

GD out.

Agreed they just love that power trip and would just love the rest of us on to be on dumb terminals so they control everything. They always make they are the busiest over worked department important department ever and finding time to fix your shitty printer is way down on priorities. But the minute you mention fixing it yourself and no longer need them. Then it would have been easier telling them you've just had a 4 some with their wife, daughter and mother

TGR said:
quiet_riot said:
TGR said:

Yep, because when people aren't phoning us with 'problems', we sit on our arses and definitely don't do housekeeping, server optimisation, etc etc.

So go on - tell us....
Just what the fuck do you do?!!!

:-)

Play Minecraft.

Mike D said:
Agreed they just love that power trip and would just love the rest of us on to be on dumb terminals so they control everything. They always make they are the busiest over worked department important department ever and finding time to fix your shitty printer is way down on priorities. But the minute you mention fixing it yourself and no longer need them. Then it would have been easier telling them you've just had a 4 some with their wife, daughter and mother

This is true, IT departments love to be in control of their network. Because whilst thousands can complain about over bearing security, it only takes a single unsecured computer to break the entire network.

And whilst waiting for a printer might cause frustration in your day, if the whole network gets affected by something they no longer have a job and can't feed their kids.

That's why these things are in place.

Damocles said:
Mike D said:

This is true, IT departments love to be in control of their network. Because whilst thousands can complain about over bearing security, it only takes a single unsecured computer to break the entire network.

And whilst waiting for a printer might cause frustration in your day, if the whole network gets affected by something they no longer have a job and can't feed their kids.

Fucking hell Damo that's a bit dramatic!

Yet it's true. If your printer goes offline for a little bit you get annoyed, if the entire server farm goes offline people get sacked.

nobby_31 said:
As I Have said many times to all the so called I.T experts "what is missing from I.T"
DIO

To All I.T people IF IT's NOT BROKE LEAVE IT ALONE

love Nobby_31

P.S I do know what I am talking about BUT I dont gob off about it

Gob off all you want Nobby mate. I doubt anyone knows what you're saying.

Damocles said:
Mike D said:

Okay the printer may have been a lame example but the amount of times I've stuck my head in the IT office to ask for a new cartridge and being told to come back later we're to busy. So its bollocks the printer cartridge is 4 yards away it takes approximately 23 secondss to get off your fat arse and get me the cartridge and I'll be on my way.

Don't you just love it when them fuckers love to hind behind their networks shite and try to blind you with this . But the fact of the matter as well as being an accountant I do have a good working knowledge having worked in IT and networks.

OK, I work in telecoms, among other things working on nationwide IP based networks. During my last contract but one I was bringing microwave telecoms network elements into the network management system. This type of job isn't very different to what the IT guys do, we even use Cisco type commands. However, if the Citrix server farm that my colleagues and I were using all day, every day, had issues then we had a dedicated IT team to sort it out. We weren't allowed to get involved. The reasons for this are traceability and accountability.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.