It hasn't upset me as much as I thought I would

Still bitterly disappointed. Thought my mood might have lifted a bit by now, but it hasn't. I'm not pleasant company to be around right now.
Same here. Tired, depressed and in a black mood

missus has fell out with me cos I’ve been such a moody khunt since I’ve arrived home

beautiful sunny Bank holiday out there and all I want to do is stay in and slob on the couch

Its interesting this, I've settled this in my mind, we lost a cup final.

At the end of the day I'm much more invested in what we do in the league and thats the top and bottom for me.

I'm delighted if we win cups of course, but after a bit of relection its clear that I get affected more by bad results in the league games.

The clubs owners will be bitterly upset over the final defeat , 100% Pep was brought in to win the Holy grail for the owners , not sure all of our support are having sleepless nights , i view the Champs league as a bonus every season big occasions and big games and all the glamour around the competition.
The bread and butter is the league title , that is the barometer of how good a football team is , domestic cups again are a nice bonus and a good day out and great for team building / confidence , but we will eventually win the Champs league the law of averages says that qualifying for the minimum of the last eight every season , then one season we will get lucky because luck is a vital ingredient of any one off cup game.

I first started following City in 85 just as English teams were banned from Europe. Back then we were usually too crap to qualify anyway, so never really had an attachment to European games, my older brother went to games during the cup winners cup season. When I watched other European games it was just for 10 mins or so because foreign mardarses would be rolling around on the floor and time wasting etc so i'd turn off. I watch our European matches but I am not arsed either way, sometimes I will not watch group games unlike the prem where I now get up at all hours and never miss. Anyway this leads to the other night, while the result doesn't bother me, the team selection and consequent performance does, if we had made the keeper at least work a few times I could say ah well we gave it a go. However, I am really fed up because we all know it could have been so much better. Yet contrary to this I am chuffed with the title etc and I still remember watching utter shite for years so its kind of, ah well maybe next time.

Anyone else weirdly not arsed?

Out of all my 35 yrs as a blue and disapointments this weirdly ranks very low.

Probably a thread for anyone who can take disapointmentnope this is the first not even a close second. Agueros last game ended like that not sure how your not arsed.
Anyone else weirdly not arsed?

Out of all my 35 yrs as a blue and disapointments this weirdly ranks very low.

Probably a thread for anyone who can take disapointment
- nope this is the first not even a close second. Agueros last game ended like that not sure how your not arsed.

I agree with the OP and although Chelsea were the better team and deserved to win the fact that their two CL triumphs came when they finished 4th and 6th in the league shows the true value of the CL for me - way below the league.
And that’s the very crux of my dislike of this competition. Chelsea are not the best in Europe no matter who’s name is on the trophy.
Even if we would have won it and I am Disappointed we didn’t, it would have felt hollow as we didn’t qualify as champions.
To me true European champs are those who have won their own league to win it, everything else is just not right.

Still bitterly disappointed. Thought my mood might have lifted a bit by now, but it hasn't. I'm not pleasant company to be around right now.
Your mrs said stop being a grumpy bugger , go walk the dog then cut the grass lol!
Cheer up Blue you will be ok soon ,they didn't turn up full stop so i've accepted chelsea deserved the win .
Think i would of been more devastated if it had gone to pens & we lost .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.