It Really isn't De Jong! And my Dynamic Passing Theory :)

I think this forum wants to see Joe Hart and 10strikers on the pitch, then when that goes wrong they would be "Well I rated De Jong all along"

De Jong's passing is nowhere near as bad as it is made to be. He keeps it simple because thats his job to retain possesion

Dax777 said:
prairiemoon said:
Excellent thread.

Is Pizarro's DPE high enough to compensate for the others?
Yes! I think so. As you can see, he is not on the list.

Barry, Pizzaro, Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Kompany, Savic, Owen, Zab, and Tevez all have medium to high DPE's that either keep the status quo or increase overall cohesion.
I think so, as well. I expected a player of his caliber to start regularly, but I don't believe he's had a start yet.

And Sunday, a pinpoint 60yard pass over the top was sorely needed.

ell said:
I think this forum wants to see Joe Hart and 10strikers on the pitch, then when that goes wrong they would be "Well I rated De Jong all along"

De Jong's passing is nowhere near as bad as it is made to be. He keeps it simple because thats his job to retain possesion
That's not the issue though. Give the OP a read, you might find it interesting. I was hoping to mot make this a discussion about any specific player. But a more general discussion of what ails us.<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:35 am --<br /><br />
prairiemoon said:
Dax777 said:
prairiemoon said:
Excellent thread.

Is Pizarro's DPE high enough to compensate for the others?
Yes! I think so. As you can see, he is not on the list.

Barry, Pizzaro, Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Kompany, Savic, Owen, Zab, and Tevez all have medium to high DPE's that either keep the status quo or increase overall cohesion.
I think so, as well. I expected a player of his caliber to start regularly, but I don't believe he's had a start yet.

And Sunday, a pinpoint 60yard pass over the top was sorely needed.
I think he is not fully fit yet. And it is risky starting a player you are certain you will pull 60 minutes later. What if 2 guys get injured and you have to use emergency subs on them. Then you have 1 sub left and a player who you don't think can last the distance. Your ability to manipulate things become limited. I believe that plays a bit into Mancini's thinking. Albeit I have a sense he rates Pizzaro higher than any other CM apart from Yaya.

I agree with the OP. I think Pizarro is a good option to keep the ball moving and up the DPE. I hope we see more of him. In the end my belief is that we will win the league of we attempt to score more goals, not if we attempt to concede fewer.

doyle said:
I agree with the OP. I think Pizarro is a good option to keep the ball moving and up the DPE. I hope we see more of him. In the end my belief is that we will win the league of we attempt to score more goals, not if we attempt to concede fewer.
And GD is getting very tight.

prairiemoon said:
doyle said:
And GD is getting very tight.
8 at the moment. So long as no one lets United go a 5-6 goal banger on them, we should still be ahead when we meet.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGQRjLwj-Xk[/youtube]

He can pass and score he was taught total football from Ajax, he usually just keeps things simple because thats the instruction.

He has 7 champions league goals aswell...........

Who the fuck is slating De Jong??!!!??!!!!! - Quality player at what he does and is capable of picking a pass...what's good enough for the Netherlands is good enough for us blues any day of the week. I think Bobby picked the wrong team to do the job on Sunday, simple as that really, hence he took Barry off before half time but by that was not enough of a shake up. We need to go on a winning spree now, come on blues sort it out!

To be fair at the start of the season I didn't think we would be challenging for the title this season but would be next season, we have done better then I expected so far - Rome wasn't built in a day.

Theres alot of sense in the OP. However, like it mentions in there, it isn't the be all and end all of the balance of a side.

Where we came unstuck on Sunday against the Swans was not what we didn't do with the ball, it was what we didn't do without the ball.

Most of this season we see all players hassling and chasing down the opposition as soon as we lose the ball. Barcelona do this to great effect also.

We didn't close play down quick enough when we lost posession. We gave them (who are good themselves at moving the ball around) too much time to get into good attacking positions.

If we lose posession normally, we crowd that area of the pitch where the ball is to prevent the opposition getting the ball out, or rush them into losing posession. It didn't happen on Sunday. Whether that was down to fatigue or what, I don't know.

There was also a communication problem at the back on Sunday.

I don't think we will see that kind of performance again this season from the team. I think we will see a bounce back like after the liverpool defeat last season. (although Mancini said it was his fault in that game, It wasn't his fault on Sunday, the team just didn't play as they should of imho)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.