Italy v England | Thurs 23rd March 2023, 19:45

Anyone remember Lineker having a pen against Brazil in a friendly he needed to equalise Charlton’s England goal scoring record and missing it? Never to score for England again. Kane made no mistake with today’s opportunity.
Yep red kit. Chipped it up to Taffarel

Italy had to go for the jigglier and we were down to 10 , totally normal for us to be camped in our half and to see out the game

It wasn’t baffling for me, he sacrificed an attacker for a defender - needs must. Unfortunate for Phil but I would guess Southgate trusted Saka more defensively and holding the ball up
If that’s the case Southgate is even more clueless than I thought.
They were camped out long before the red as well.

Surely that’s football, especially international level when teams are roughly on par - Italy away was never going to be a walk in the park despite how assured we looked 1st half - Mancini would have absolutely fired them up to go gung ho second half

Sitting back at the start of the 2nd half had that gutless **** all over it.

Whenever watching England under Southgate I’m always of the belief that everything that’s positive that happens is down to the individuality players rather than the tactics.
Southgate is just negative in everything he does, including taking off a fresh Phil Foden.
Yeah I’m not a fan
I might be imagining it but didn’t he do that to Grealish in the euros too?

Not sure about that, we sat back and were hanging on and taking Phil off was baffling!
In a way he is right, Italy only managed one shot on target all match and they scored from that. We did sit back the second half though but I think we all expected Italy to come out a better team they were than the first half. Pity Jack didn’t take that chance after we went 2-0 up, Italy would have been dead and buried and I think that affected his confidence in the second half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.