Italy v England | Thurs 23rd March 2023, 19:45

Anyone remember Lineker having a pen against Brazil in a friendly he needed to equalise Charlton’s England goal scoring record and missing it? Never to score for England again. Kane made no mistake with today’s opportunity.
Difference is that Kane missed in the semi final's of the World Cup so not any better in that regard.

Surely that’s football, especially international level when teams are roughly on par - Italy away was never going to be a walk in the park despite how assured we looked 1st half - Mancini would have absolutely fired them up to go gung ho second half
I agree with some of that but fact for me remains we go far too negative in big games when we score. It’s every time mate. None the less, great win and Kane, rice and stones outstanding. McGuire terrible as usual and nearly cost us

All them subs paid off though

Gallagher sprinted everywhere and won challenges

Trippier made some vital blocks and challenges , especially the one at the end

All them subs helped see out a huge win for England
Very good result. You cant be satisfied with that performance though. First half was ok and as ‘in control’ as England will ever be with GS in charge. Second half though.….midfield collapsed, Rice the pick of the three by a long way. Kane was very good throughout. Slab head tries to emulate John Boy but hasn’t got the talent to do it. Balls booted anywhere once Shaw Was sent off. Pretty grim.

Anyone remember Lineker having a pen against Brazil in a friendly he needed to equalise Charlton’s England goal scoring record and missing it? Never to score for England again. Kane made no mistake with today’s opportunity.
Yes, didn’t he go for that chipped shot and made a mess of it?

I've seen some bad games under Southgate but that's a new low. Slabhead caused all that chaos in the second half and it's down to Southgate. If I were a city player I wouldn't go near the England squad...

Personally I’d put winning away in Italy for the first time in 60 years slightly ahead of getting twatted 4-0 at home to Hungary but it’s a close one.

About right

Paul Robinson

Former England goalkeeper on BBC Radio 5 Live

England were cruising but they just lost their way. I don't know if it was an energy thing but they just couldn't find it in the second half.

Italy improved but England just couldn't find a way through the press. The England players were out on their feet at the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.